Chapter Twenty One

"I love my eyes when you look into them. I love my name when you say it. I love my heart when you touch it. I love my life when you are in it."

Happy Reading!!

Chapter 21- Bitter Past.

        **Nolan's P.O.V**

I love her!

I've No freaking idea when it happened but it did anyway. I didn't realize it until today when I saw the car approaching her with full speed. It scares the fucking life out of me whenever I think of the what if's. 

I didn't realize I was gripping my handle so tight that my knuckles turned white until a hand hovers over mine. 

When did she wake up?

"Just now." She chuckled lightly.

"Did I say that aloud?" I asked smiling at her. She nodded.

"Oh my god, I'm turning into you, shortcake."I faked a shock.

"Nah! you aren't that amazingly awesome, Noly." She winked. I chuckled. That's right.

"Did I wake you up?" I asked carefully not wanting to remind her anything or hurt her in any way.

She shook her head staring outside. "It was D's shouting." She chuckled. I agree. "Where are we going?" She asked.

"Your apartment. Why?"

She hesitated before speaking. "Umm... can we not go now? I don't want to go home, if D saw me like this She will kill me."

I nodded. "She will kill me too for not taking care of you." I cringed at her threatening voice. Aubree laughed at my expression, I cannot help but my lips twitched up into a big smile. I love her laugh the most, her smile as well, and how can I forget that cute little blush when I catch her staring at me, oh, and her eyes it sparkles when she laughs or smile, her hairs too- Bloody hell.

I am doomed!! 

"So where do you wanna go?" I ask her

"Anywhere peaceful." She answered. I nodded knowing the very place that, at least, gives me peace.

         **Aubree's P.O.V**

"Hey, wake up." I felt someone's shake me. "Just two minute more I swear I'll wake up" I plead. The person chuckled and kissed my forehead. A smile forms on my lips as I move to darkness again.

"We reached our destination shortcake, wake up."I opened one eye when I heard the sound of waves, it was the beach. I stiffened. No, I didn't wanna come here. Not today. I looked up to see Nolan feeling the wind closing his eyes. He looked so peaceful with the soft smile playing on his lips. "Don't you like it. It's the most peaceful place anyone can look for. Isn't it?" He looked at me for confirmation. I gave him a shaky smile.

He held his hand out for me and I take it. He pulled me towards him and wraps his arms around my shoulder. It feels so warm and safe. I sigh moving closer to him. I noticed a bag in his other hand. "What's in that?" I ask.

"Nothing. Just a couple of sheets to keep us warm." He smiled down at me.

"When did you get those?" I asked confused. "It may sound weird but I keep everything necessary in my car trunk, like extra pairs of suits and tees and other things you don't want to know." He winked. 

I laughed. "It does sound weird." He joins me too.

He spread the sheets on the sand too close to water. "Can we please seat a little away from the water?" 

"Don't worry it's far enough, water won't come." He assured. But I don't want to take the risk. "Please Nolan, a little away." He looked at me and his expression changed, sensing something wrong he didn't argue further and let me choose the place to sit.

The wind blows my hairs, I close my eyes to feel it. It feels so good just like old times when I used to go to the beach with my dada but everything changed since he left me. I felt Nolan hands wiping my cheeks, I realized a teardrop slip down my cheeks. "You ok?" he asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine. And I'm sorry about the outbreak earlier." I chuckled. "I- I didn't want to but I saw a girl on his father's shoulder and I lost it. It reminded me of some things and I  couldn't hold it any longer. It-It's just-" Nolan tug me closer wrapping his arms around me and rubbing my back.

"Shhh.. there's nothing to be sorry about. I understand." He kissed my forehead. I lean into him placing my head on his shoulder. He kissed my head again. It feels so good like someone cares.

"My dad and I always used to go to the beach, it was our thing like he used to call it." I chuckled remembering. "Whenever we were sad or something bad happened, we used to come to the beach and swim, and every worry just flew out of the window." I continued. Nolan just sat there listening to me and rubbing my back, which I'm grateful for. "He used to love beaches you know he always used to tell me when he would die he wanted to die on the beach. And guess what it really did happen." I felt Nolan stiffened, but I continued. 

"On my 14th birthday, I forced him to come to the beach even though he didn't feel like it. And being the awesome dad like he was he agreed. Oh, how much I wish he didn't." I let out a rough breath and continued. "One moment we were playing in the water laughing and swimming and the next thing I know is everyone started screaming. Everything happened so fast, that I couldn't understand anything.I was sinking deep into water and I-I was screaming for someone to help us but waves took us deeper into the ocean. The lifeguards came, but they weren't fast enough. My dad sank deeper but he kept me on his shoulder and pushed me to the surface so I could breathe. I didn't remember anything after that everything just went black."  I gulped controlling a sob.

"N-Next, when I woke up it was in the hospital, everything was white, I was scared, I thought I died. I c-called out for my dad, but instead of him doctors came in, they told me they couldn't save my dad. I refused to believe at first, how could I? just as a few minutes ago I was laughing at my dad who was making funny faces at me and then few minutes after they say he isn't alive?" I let out the sob I was holding. Nolan didn't speak anything just held me tight in his arms rubbing my arms and kissing my head repeatedly. 

"I waited for him Nolan, days turned months then years, I refused to go to his funeral believing he would come back to me, but he never did."

He never came back.

**************************************************************************

Hola Amigos!!

Hope you guys liked the chapter.

VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE (^-^)

CIAO!!