Chapter Thirty

12/15/17

~*~
Friday

(6:00 P.M)

As Link had predicted, when six o'clock came so did a knock on the door.

I still startled, but I didn't have any time to move away from our - in my mind - compromising position. Nor could I have anyway because Link didn't seem like he was letting go.

"Come in," he said.

No 'come in!' It could be Colin or - I don't even know if my face has stopped looking like a puffy fire hydrant!

Fortunately, it was Uli standing in the doorway - she had already seen us in the gazebo so our position now didn't even faze her.

"It's time for dinner," she said.

"Thank you, Uli," Link replied. "Now close the door before Colin runs in and has more questions."

Because I'm not so cold now. I immediately started to laugh at that so I put my hand over my mouth to quell the noise.

The woman stepped inside and shut the door behind her. "He wanted to be the one to tell you two about the food, but I didn't want him getting any more questions." She shook her head, but she was smiling. "Colin doesn't understand couples. He still makes gagging noises whenever Rusl and I kiss."

Link laughed. "You know, I remember that."

"And I remember you doing the same," Uli shot him an amusedly pointed glance. "In fact, I'm quite sure you taught him to do that."

I glanced at Link and tried with extreme difficulty not to laugh again.

"I'm sure he thinks differently now," Uli said, folding her arms. If I wasn't mistaken, the kind woman had a shadow of a smirk on her face. "Don't you, Link?"

Link did not reply... other than turning a dark shade of red.

His mother is teasing him about kissing, oh my gosh, I'm gonna die.

"I'm gonna get ready for dinner." I made to stand up, and he let me go. I turned to smile at Uli then went into the bathroom. Once there I could laugh quietly without anyone watching me.

The poor boy, I thought, holding the sink with one hand and covering my mouth with the other as I tried to keep quiet.

After the laughing fit passed I leaned back on the counter and stared up at the ceiling. I wish he'd replied though... Then I'd know.

I scoffed at myself. Zelda come on, he did reply. His face turned into a strawberry.

Turning around, I glanced at myself in the mirror. So did yours. Tilting my head side to side, I examined myself. "It's better than nothing," I mumbled as I raised my hand and pressed at a spot underneath my eye. "No one will notice. You're being overly self-conscious."

I raised both my arms to my hair and started styling it back to where I could eat without chowing on my hair too.

When I left the bathroom I saw Uli sitting beside Link on the couch. They stopped talking as the woman turned to me. "Your hair looks wonderful," she said as she stood up.

I raised an eyebrow. Were you talking about me?

"Yes, but all good things," Uli replied, patting me softly on the shoulder before she turned to the door. "Come on, they're waiting for us."