Chapter 9- Sleeping yet Restless

You let out a grunt of pain, rubbing your backside and looking behind you to glare an angry look at him. However when you turned he wasn't in sight. Just the orangey coloured back wall of the stage you were sitting on. You whip your head back around in confusion to see him standing by the junk pile, grabbing the mattress you had pointed to and with the curtain already hanging in his other hand.

How does he do that?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pennywise grabbed the mattress and with a hearty tug, dragged it out from the stack of junk it was under. Once it was out, the mattress that was supporting the weight of many other heavy objects was no longer in the pile, so gravity did its thing and a lot of things came crashing down. You cringed as you heard unknown metal objects and such clang against the floor, but Pennywise didn't even flinch. He just stood there with his back to you, frowning at the mess he had just created.

He spent ages piling that stuff up.

The clown quickly shoed the hint of annoyance away, then he spun his body around in this inhuman way, with his body turning first then his head following after it. He gave a shiver of delight, letting the bells that rested on his suit to jingle merrily. Jeez, that frightened you more than the huge clash of junk seconds ago, and the sound was only faint. Well, you supposed it's not really the sound you feared, but what it symbolised- that Pennywise was near.

Anyway, with the mattress and curtain in his grip he walked over to you, getting closer and closer until he was standing right over you. You gulped and shrunk back as he gave off that forked smile, his orange tinted eyes glancing down at you. Although you tried not to be, you were scared. Who wouldn't be?

You had expected the worst of him since you got down here, and now that his full attention was on you, you had expected nothing more than for him to pounce on you and bite you, sucking the fear out of your system like a vacuum. The one thing you'd learned about him was that he was unpredictable, which is what made him so frightening. You just couldn't understand what was going on in that clowny head of his.

So it came as yet another surprise to you when he just dropped the mattress down next to you, saying nothing at all. You look wide eyed at it, then back up at the clown to give some sort of appreciative look; he may be a killer clown thing, but he seemed to have some sort of morals, despite them not matching up.

But, before you could even lay eyes on him, he threw the curtain so that it landed on your head, blinding you from the sight of him. The sudden darkness frightened you for a second, and you squeaked in surprise, but then you realised what had happened. So you slowly raised the material over your head to actually look at Pennywise.

And not much to your surprise, he was gone. You gazed around a little longer, noticing a change to your surroundings, apart from the wrecked junk pile that was originally being suspended by the mattress that was now next to you. What was missing was the dead little girl that Pennywise was chowing down on earlier, before you had distracted him.

All that remained of it, or at least an evidence that it was ever there, was this pool of shiny bright red blood, and coming out of it, trailing off to the right, was this smeared track of blood that faded out as it got further from the source. You pieced together that Pennywise had dragged the child's body off out of your way to eat it.