[ twenty six ] lost in the woods

c h a p t e r t w e n t y s i x lost in the woods

lost in the woods

"She ate the liver?" Scott glanced at Stiles and Harper, a look of disgust on his face as they began to walk into the school building.

It was Monday morning and everybody knew about what had happened at the school dance last Friday night. Well, they knew bits.

Everybody thought that Lydia and Harper had been attacked by an animal, however, Lydia worse than Harper.

All of Beacon Hills knew that Lydia was somewhere running around naked in the woods, and people were already talking about her. She was officially the school's freak- even worse than Greenburg.

Stiles shook his head, "no, I didn't say she ate it. I just said it was missing. And you know what? Even if she did, so what? It's the most nutritious part of the body."

Harper was so thankful for her boyfriend. He knew that Harper didn't particularly want to talk about the disspearance of her best friend since she felt so guilty for being the one to, unconsciously, take her onto the field. That was why he was speaking for the both of them, most of the time.

"I never ate anyone's liver." Scott mumbled.

"Yeah, right, cause when it comes to werewolves, you're a real model of self control." Stiles muttered sarcastically, rolling his whiskey eyes.

Suddenly, he paused, turning around. "Wait, hold on- you're the test case for this, so we should be going over what happened to you."

Scott gave Stiles a doubtful look. "What do you mean?"

Harper butted in, "he means what was going through your mind when you were changing. What were you drawn to?"

The werewolf didn't even have to think about it for more than a second before a cheesy grin took over on his face. Harper already knew what was coming just from that look.

"Allison." Her name fell so softly from his lips.

"Nothing else?" Harper groaned. "Seriously?"

"Nothing else mattered." Scott sighed blissfully. "But, no, that's good though, right? Cause the night that Lydia was bit she was with you, Harps."

Harper rolled her eyes, "I'm the one that took her on that stupid field." Her throat felt tight from all of the guilt that she was feeling. "I bloody caused all of this."

Tears stung her eyes as Stiles' hand went to the small of her back in a comforting gesture. "You were being controlled by Peter, there's nothing any of us could have done about it. It's his fault, and his fault only."

Scott nodded from in front of them, a sympathetic look on his face when he saw how stressed the teenage girl in front of him looked. Only then did he notice how she smelled of anxiety, and how she hadn't even bothered with makeup that day- the dark circles under her golden brown eyes prominent.