[ thirty three ] the kanima theory

c h a p t e r t h i r t y t h r e e the kanima theory

the kanima theory

Harper sat down at the back of the classroom next to the desk that Lydia was currently sat at. Stiles and Scott had already sat next to each other on the other side of the room, and Harper hadn't seen much of the strawberry blonde, so she decided to switch it up a bit. Besides, she needed a break from all of the supernatural drama currently going on in her life.

Before the brunette could even start a conversation with her friend, Coach Finstock slammed some papers down on his desk, indicating the start of his lesson. Harper straightened up in her seat, preparing herself in case she was picked on.

"Alright, listen up." Coach looked around the classroom. "Quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups, because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult... I'm not even too sure I could pass it."

Harper inwardly groaned at the thought of a difficult test. She had so much going on in her life right now that an economics test was not what she needed.

"Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question."

Hands raised from all around Harper, but she daren't put her hand up. She would probably have a meltdown if she was chosen to write on the board in front of the whole class.

"Let's go buddy." Coach pointed to a guy in a leather jacket with dark hair, much to the Empath's relief.

Harper slumped in her chair, copying the notes off of the board into her book so she could prepare for the upcoming exam. She could faintly hear the sounds of Scott, Stiles, and surprisingly Jackson murmuring, but she didn't bother to look over. She wasn't going to get distracted and fail this test tomorrow.

"Jackson!" Coach Finstock suddenly yelled, causing the whole class to jump and stare. "Do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?"

"Um..." Jackson stalled, looking around the room. "Just an undying admiration for... My coach."

Finstock scoffed, "that's really kind of you." He paused. "Now shut up! Shut it! Anybody else?"

Lydia was called on for the next question and Harper sighed, knowing she wasn't going to be able to talk to her friend any time soon. Harper was half way through copying her notes when she felt an overwhelming sense of panic spread through her, causing her to drop her pen.

It clattered on the desk as she looked up, seeing that the one panicking was clearly Lydia. The strawberry blonde was stood in front of the board, a piece of chalk clutched in her hand as she shook, her eyes wide and tears spilling. She let out whimpers as Coach Finstock called her name.

Lydia finally snapped out of it, blinking quickly.

"Okay, then." Coach turned to face the class. "Anybody else want to try answering? This time in English?"