[ thirty eight ] detention with harris

c h a p t e r t h i r t y e i g h t detention with Harris

detention with Harris

When the bell for the end of the day finally rang, everybody had already made it to the library for their detention. Harper sat down beside Erica and opposite Scott and Stiles while Jackson, Matt, and Allison sat down at another table.

"Oh, uh, we can't be in detention together. I have a restraining order against these tools." He gestured towards their table.

"All these tools?" Mr Harris raised an eyebrow at him.

"No, just us tools." Stiles pointed his finger between the three best friends.

Harris nodded, "fine. You three, over there." He pointed at the empty table next to them.

Harper huffed, grabbing her bag and moving to sit at the table. Scott and Stiles followed her, chucking their bags down underneath and sitting down with the brunette. Scott sat beside Harper and Stiles in front of her.

Scott looked across at Jackson and shook his head. "I'm gonna kill him." Scott breathed heavily.

"No, you're not. You're going to find out who's controlling him and then you're gonna help save him." Stiles protested, holding a finger up to Scott as if he was lecturing him.

Scott looked back from where he had been glaring on Jackson. "No, you were right." He shook his head quickly. "Let's kill him."

Harper sighed, her head falling into her hands. First Stiles wanted to kill Jackson, and now Scott wanted to kill Jackson. It was like a never ending cycle of somebody wanting to kill the Whittemore boy.

"Hey, what if it's Matt?" Stiles muttered quietly as he glanced over at his table. "I mean, this whole thing comes back to the video, right?"

"Danny said that Matt was the one who found the two hours of footage missing." Scott mumbled, his chin leaning on his arms.

Stiles nodded, "exactly! He's trying to throw the suspicion off himself."

They all glanced back over at Matt, seeing him casually eating his crisps without a care in the world. Harper didn't know if now would be the right time to mention that she had agreed to go to a rave with him on Friday night- as friends, of course.

"So he makes Jackson kill Isaac's dad, one of Argent's hunters, and the mechanic working on your jeep?" Scott didn't look or sound convinced at all.

"Yes!"

"Why?"

"Because..." Stiles looked back over to him. "He's evil."

Scott rolled his eyes. "You just don't like him because of the wierd obsession he has with Harper." The werewolf jerked his head towards the brunette next to him.

Harper cringed, deciding now was defintely the time to tell him. "Yeah... Well, he kind of asked me out today..."

Stiles' head snapped around to stare at her. "What? You said no, right?" His voice went higher as he got defensive.