[ thirty nine] plan: take down jackson

c h a p t e r t h i r t y n i n e plan: take down jackson

plan: take down jackson

"Oh, what the hell is this?" Sheriff Stilinski grimaced, pulling the burger away from his face, his mouth full. He had obviously realised that it wasn't the normal, meaty, greasy mess like he was used to.

"Veggie burger." Stiles replied, moving forward and grabbing his drink off of the sheriff's desk that they were eating at.

"Stiles, I asked for a hamburger." Noah's nose was turned up in disgust as he carried on chewing through the mixed up vegetables and other ingrediants inside.

The Stilinksi boy lifted up his salad. "Well, veggie is healthier. We're being healthy." He peeled open the lid and shot his dad a sarcastic smile.

The Sheriff pulled open another box only to reveal carrot and cellery sticks. "Oh hell, why are you trying to ruin my life?" He grumbled, glancing over at his son's girlfriend. "Hey, Harper has a hamburger. Why can't I?"

Harper beamed at Noah. "Because, I suffered being vegetarian for thirteen whole years of my life. No way am I going back to those things." She pointed at the veggie burger that Noah had placed down in front of him.

Harper's parents had both been vegeterians, so of course she was brought up as one too. She ate just like them, but after they died, she had her first bite of a hamburger from McDonalds- and no way was she ever touching another veggie burger again.

Stiles nodded along to Harper's claims. "Yeah, and I'm not trying to ruin your life. Okay, I'm trying to extend your life, okay? Could you just eat it please? And tell me what you found."

"No, I'm not sharing confidential police work with two teenagers." The Sheriff looked at his son as if he was crazy.

Harper's gaze flickered from her hamburger up to the board behind Noah, and a small smirk tugged at the corner of her lips. "Is that it behind you?" She jerked her head in the direction of the board with pictures and arrows.

Stiles perked up, trying to look behind his dad's head. Noah shook his head, waving a hand at Stiles, "don't look at that. Avert your eyes."

"Okay." Stiles replied, but didn't look away, even going as far as to push himself up in his seat using the arm rests either side of him.

"Hey!"

"Okay-"

"He-" Noah tried to block his view.

"Just- it's just- I see arrows pointing at pictures." Stiles muttered, sitting back down properly in his seat.

"Okay, okay, stop." Noah waved his hands again, cutting Stiles off. "Fine. I found something. The mechanic and the couple who were murdered. They all had something in common."

"All three?"

"Yeah. You know what I always say. One's an incident. Two's a coincidence."

"Three's a pattern." Stiles and Harper both mumbled at the same time, the light feeling leaving the air as they stared at the Sheriff in front of them more seriously.