[ forty six ] a threat

chapter forty sixa threat

chapter forty six
a threat

It was freezing when they had gotten out of the jeep. Stiles had given Harper a short kiss before rushing off to the changing rooms where Harper began to guide Rose towards the lacrosse field. The icy air bit at their cheeks as they walked in the dark, their only source of light coming from the lamp posts dotted around the school car park.

"You might need to fill me in on what's going on." Rose warned Harper with a chuckle, "I've never seen a lacrosse game before in my entire life."

Harper smiled, using her good arm to wrap it around her grandma's shoulders, "apologies in advance if my commentating is pretty bad, I've been watching it for the past two years and I still don't know the correct terminology for it."

Rose just laughed again as they made it to the field. The green area was lit up by the beaming lights surrounding it, and the bleachers were already half full with eager supporters of the Beacon Hills' lacrosse team.

Harper spotted Melissa and Noah sat together on one of the benches at the front and decided to go and sit with them. Melissa quickly stood up when she saw the two females approaching, a soft smile on her tan face.

"Harper, Rose." Scott's mum greeted them, giving them both a short hug, "are you excited to watch your first lacrosse game?"

Rose nodded, "I am. Will Scott be playing? Stiles said he won't be playing because he's not very good."

Noah just sighed.

"He's the captain, grandma." Harper reminded the old lady, "and Stiles is good, he just gets a little nervous and he doesn't have a very high self esteem, trust me."

Sheriff Stilinski smiled fondly at the teenage girl when Harper looked away, knowing instantly that Stiles was extremely lucky to have her. Of course Noah Stilinski had liked Harper since they met when she was only ten years old, but she just continued to make him even more proud of his son for loving someone like her.

Harper spotted Stiles and Scott enter the lacrosse field all geared up in their maroon unifrom and smiled slightly. Stiles always looked so handsome in his jersey. They sat on the bench and began to talk. She nudged her grandma and pointed at the two mentioned boys. 

Rose gasped, "oh, look at them!" She cooed, "they look so grown up! I remember when they were only ten, bless them. Aren't they both handsome boys?"

Melissa chuckled as Harper groaned, realising her grandma was now going to go on with a speech about how Stiles and Scott were now men and how much they had grown.

"Oh, no. Why is my son running out to the field?" Harper's head shot up at Noah's words, her eyes widening when she saw Stiles by the goal in his helmet and with his lacrosse stick firmly grasped.

"Because he's on the team?" Melissa replied, amused.

"He is," Noah blinked, "he's on the team. He's- he's on the field." He stood up before yelling, "my son is on the field!"