[ forty five ] recovery

chapter forty five recovery

chapter forty five
recovery

Harper was done with all of the emotions surrounding her everywhere she went. Scott had visited her twice, Allison hadn't bothered at all, Jackson was nowhere to be seen, and everybody else wouldn't leave her alone.

Stiles, Lydia, and Rose Verum had been smothering Harper so much that it had actually began to become suffocating. All Harper wanted to do was wallow in her own self pity, whereas Rose wanted her to help pack to take her mind off of things, Stiles wanted her to be with him at all times, and Lydia wanted her to get a grip and act normal.

Harper didn't know if she'd ever be normal again. 

It felt like such an angsty teen thing to say, but who could blame her after being held at gunpoint for hours on end? After being shot just like her parents had before they died?

It was as if everybody was treading on egg shells around her, and Harper wanted to scream. So that's what she decided to do.

When Stiles had been forced home for dinner by his dad, Lydia was at her house and Rose was sorting through what she wanted to donate and what she wanted to give Harper, the brunette Empath had snuck out of the house.

She walked for about three miles, her shoulder aching in its sling. Harper ended up by an oak tree in the middle of the woods and leaned against the trunk, her head rolling back as tears spilled down her cheeks.

"I miss you so much," Harper whispered, her voice breaking, "I wish you were still here. I need a hug,"

Of course, there was no reply- just the sound of the wind going through the trees. Harper pulled her knees up to her chest, hugging them closer to her using her good arm.

She began to sob. Ugly, loud, belting sobs that would have scared anybody around her off. It was like as soon as she started she couldn't stop.

"I-it hurts," she cried out, "it hurts so much, mum. I wish you and dad were still here. I-I wish it didn't hurt so badly."

Her sobs racked her body, salty tears landing on the oversized hoodie that she had stolen from Stiles' wardrobe. It took about fifteen minutes for her to calm down into just sniffles and silent tears.

A twig snapped in the distance, causing her head to snap up. Her eyebrows furrowed together as she squinted, trying to see where it had come from.

Harper expected a hunter or a werewolf, so she was surprised when she saw a wild animal come out from behind a particularly large bush. Her breath hitched when she realised it was a coyote.

She shuffled back, her back pressed against the oak trunk behind her. The bark stuck into her back as it approached her, it's blue eyes lighting up like something from a movie.

"H-hi," Harper tried softly, not wanting to scare it or anger it, "if you could not kill me that would be great. I know I said some stuff about wanting to die earlier, but I would greatly appreciate it if-"