One tailed nap[23]

Recap:
Batto explains his reasons and Tenshi finally meets the other dragons.
"Shit."
||

"Where are those idiots?!" To say I was irritated was an understatement. It was the day of the third exams and Naruto and Duckass still weren't here!? Turning to Shikamaru I grip his collar shaking him rapidly. "WHAT IS WITH YOU MEN AND TARDINESS!?"
"This whole days a drag."

"Shika- do you hear that?" Letting him go, I listen to what sounds like a stampede coming toward the stadium. Giving Shikamaru a side glance I smirk. "Bet ya 5 bucks it's Naruto." Returning my smirk, he nods lazily. A few moments later, a Naruto comes tumbling through the arena in a frenzy, claiming a herd of bulls was chasing him. Shaking my head, I hold my hand out feeling cash being placed in it accompanied with annoyed grumbles.

"Ten-chan I swear they were right behind m-"
Pinching his lips shut, I give him a pointed look at his volume. Letting his lips go, I sigh inwardly glancing at the other contestants lazily. Naruto and Neji are the first match and I was more eager than ever to see Neji get knocked down a few notches. Granted me and Neji were aquatinted but I got this feeling this match is going to change him for the better; hes going against Naruto, Someone who practically holds the deadliest jutsu known to man...

The Talk no Jutsu.

I swear Naruto could probably turn izanami herself good.

"Huh? Where's Sasuke?" Naruto looks around in confusion.

"I was hoping you'd know?"

I mentally curse the Uchiha, knowing Kakashi they probably wont make it here till after the exams. Ugh, men.

"Welcome all and our deepest thanks for coming here to the village hidden in the leaves for this years chunin selection!" The old mans voice echoes across the arena.

"We ask that no one leave till the matches are completed. Now, everyone enjoy!" The crowd erupts in cheers. I tune the old man out as he tells us their had been a change in matches as one of the sound contestants, Dosu couldn't participate unfortunately. I frown at the old mans attempt to glaze over Dosus inactivity.

Gaara killed him, that's what happened.
Glancing at the red haired sand nin, I furrow my brows in thought.

Flashback:
"Fuck, when I get back I'm taking a long bath." I had spent the whole month in Doragon training with Batto and the others and I was completely exhausted. Since time in Doragon went by twice as fast as here, I only had 15 days to train.  Not only was I exhausted but tomorrow was the day of the chuunin exams and it was a quarter to midnight already.

Crossing my arms above my head lazily, I gaze up at the full moon. "Ne the moon is rather beautiful at night." I mutter with a peaceful tone.

As I reach my house I tense at the flaring chakra not to far away. Glancing in the direction of the chakra, I make my way to it concealing my own. I now stood on top of a roof top staring at the source the flaring chakra was coming from.

"Gaara?"

Tensing at my presence, I feel sand start to surround my ankle tightly till nothing but my head showed.  "I see you can't sleep?" I say calmly. He turns toward me with a murderous glare. "Why.. why do you not fear me..?" I stay silent staring at him. Getting angry at my lack of response I feel the sand tighten more making me wince in pain. Meeting his eyes I glare back. "I can not fear what I understand." Surprised by my words, I feel the sand loosen before falling off me. His face reverts back to Its usual cold one and he turns away, continuing to gaze at the sky. Not sure whether to leave or keep an eye on him,
I stare dumbfounded at his back.