Chapter fifty five

Dante's POV

Endeavouring to be as quiet as we all can, I begin to make my way up the staircase while Fabio was in front of me and Tony was behind me. Although this was too much of a risky job, I had to take it all just so I can see and take Adriana back home with me. Times like this always has my blood pumping with adrenaline however, right now I was so anxious my stomach hurt. I need to see Adriana and just need to know that she is fine.

On another thought, I couldn't help but think about the foul smell that reached my nose as we neared the top of the stairs. When we reached just about it, Fabio stumbled back a little and discouraged us to go in further.

"Looks like something has happened here." He muttered as he scrunched his face and covered his nose.

Since the surrounding were clouded with darkness, we couldn't really see anything but the blood that was sprayed across the railings and the floor did not seem to be hidden at all. Once my eyes trails over the sprayed blood, it finally landed on the huge pile of what seemed like a bunch of clothes.

When I gained a clear view of this as I reach the very top stair, I begin to realise the foul smell came from the dead body that was carelessly dumped on the side. My brows cocked up when Fabio kicked a part of it so we can see more of it, only for us to see that it was none other than Luca.

"Well... that didn't last did it.." Tony remarked sardonically as he stifled a laugh,

"My arm ate shit because of him," Fabio kicked his arm as he walked passed the now decomposing body of Luca; he must've been there for more than a week as it began to reek of death. "se lo merita, cazzo."

I gaze at Luca's dead body for a couple of minutes before I follow both boys further into the mansion.

After waiting for fùcking hours for the trio to end their little rendezvous in their shît backyard, we were finally given the chance to break in. We spent hours watching them and their moves but I was trying to figure out where Adriana might be. I know it was impossible for me to figure where exactly she would be from the outside of the mansion however, at that moment I was so desperate. I was so desperate, every time I glanced at the windows on this mansion, I wanted to see her there calling me so I could save her.

Finally, when Constantino and the other two returned back into the mansion, Tony somehow gained access.

Just as we were about to enter one of the rooms, I decided that we should all split up just so it could be easier for us. Suddenly when we were parting our ways, I backed against the wall and placed my gun against my lips as I faced both Tony and Fabio who were making their way out, because I heard footsteps approaching us.

"Shít!" Tony mumbles under his breath,

"Shit indeed."

All our attention averted from the footsteps when a familiar voice called us out. My eyes widened for a second before I settle my steady gaze on her as she stood behind us with her hands in her pockets. My jaws ticked as I witnessed the cagna approach us; the last time I've seen her was months ago and I did sometimes wonder where the fuck she would be.

"Hello boys, what do we have here?" Lucy remarked as she approached Fabio and placed her hand on his chest while she stepped closer to him. A smirk was plastered on her lips as Fabio glowered down at her. "Should you boys even be here?" She purred on Fabio.

Fabio grabbed her hand and pushed her away only to have her back on him like a fucking parasite.

"What are you doing here?" I growl as I lower my voice. Lucy watches Fabio for a second before her undivided attention settles on me. It was was as if she was getting swooned over the sight of Fabio and it was seriously a huge fucking distraction.