46

"So, you've experienced this sort of thing before?" Fury asked skeptically. A maroon hoodie and dark sunglasses cloaked his facial expressions as he walked up to his own grave.

"You get used to it." Steve admits as he stares at the former SHIELD director.

"We've been data-mining HYDRA's files. Looks like a lot of rats didn't go down with the ship. I'm headed to Europe tonight, wanted to ask if you'd come." Fury offered, turning to look at the trio of men.

"There's something we gotta do first." Bucky mumbled. He stared at the headstone for a moment longer before he turned to look at Steve as if to confirm their plans.

"How about you, Wilson? Could use a man with your abilities." 

"I'm more of a soldier than a spy." Sam politely turned the man down.

"Alright then," Fury spoke as he shook each of the men's hands before continuing to say goodbye, "Anybody asks for me, tell them they can find me right here."

With that, he turned and walked through the cemetery. Before he was completely out of sight, a familiar red-head walked up and replaced the spot Fury had previously been occupying.

"You should be honored, that's about as close as he gets to saying thank you." Natasha spoke truthfully.

"Not going with him?" Steve asked.

"No."

"Not staying here?" Steve guessed. He was concerned for his friend and just wanted her to be okay.

"I blew all my covers, I gotta go figure out a new one." the red-head smirked. 

"That might take a while." Bucky interjected.

"I'm counting on it," she smirked again as she glanced over at him and Sam before continuing to talk to Steve, "That thing you asked for, I called in a few favors from Kiev." 

With that, she produced a manila folder with the words "дело No 17" printed in large bold letters across the top. Steve gently took it from her while Bucky shuffled over to Steve's side so they could both browse through the contents. However, before they could open it, Natasha continued to talk to Steve.

"Will you do me a favor? Call that nurse."

"She's not a nurse." Steve countered, not really intent on calling her at all.

"And you're not a SHIELD agent." Natasha was quick to respond and shoot down his counterargument. On his left, Bucky nudged him, a sly smile on his face. He looked to his right and Sam had a nearly identical look on his face.

"C'mon, Steve. Do it, there's nothing wrong with it." Bucky urged. 

"I don't know." Steve smiled politely and shrugged a little.

"I can give you some tips on how to date in the modern world, Rogers. Go for it." Sam supported the blonde.

"Fine. What was her name again?" Steve directed his question at Natasha this time.

"Sharon. She's nice." Natasha smiled before she stepped forward and gave each of the men a kiss on the cheek. Afterwards, she gave them a final smile before she turned around and started walking away. As she walked, she gave them a final piece of advice as well.

"Be careful, boys. You might not want to pull on that thread." 

With that, she was gone. The three men stood still for a moment before gathering closely around Steve to see the contents of the folder. Paper clipped to the left side of the folder was a large photo of Charlotte as the Winter Soldier, frozen in a cryogenic state. Bucky felt a pang of sadness and guilt rush through his heart while looking at the picture. Next to him, Steve felt the exact same way.