The Badass Weaslette (George Weasley Love Story) Chapter Seven

A/N: I am so sorry that I have not uploaded in so long... I have had major.. problems? Meh, excuses excuses. AND NOW.... WHAT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR...

     Chapter Seven! YAHOO! Also, this will be different from the actual book.. cause I kinda don't have it... SO THIS IS COMPLETELY MY OWN VERSION! YA!

_____________________________________

I started to wonder whether anyone in the compartments had heard me over the train's noises; apparently not, because when we jumped onto the platform ten minutes later - Fred, George and I - no one even glanced at me. So, I soon settled down, but I was now avoiding both of the twins' glances. The ride to the castle was completely awkward.

     We were amid the first few to arrive at the castle. While George and I hurried into the Great Hall Fred would wait outside the doors for his mate, Lee. Who we had still not found.

     "You looking forward to this year then, Willow?" began George, not looking at me as we sat down at the Gryffindor table. I groaned inwardly.

     "Not really. Y'know, 'cause of OWL year." I said, watching the Ravenclaw table.

     "Oh. Well, you'll do really well - being the smart-ass that you are," he smiled as he fiddled with his thumbs.

     I bumped my shoulder with his. "Oi. At least I'm not dumb like you two - imagine, only three OWLS!"

     "Well, you're smart-" he retorted, and caught my eye. "-yeah, I've got nothing."

     He dropped his gaze to the table as I laughed; I hadn't laughed in the last five hours or so. It was a good feeling. "You haven't exactly got the best brain, so its understandable."

      "Why thank you." he chuckled dryly, and I joined him. When Fred found us five minutes later, Lee accompanying him, we were laughing our poor butts off, our mouths aching from grinning.

     "Women." muttered Fred, amused, as he slid onto the bench. "I'll never understand them."

     I stopped laughing for a moment to pull myself up and stare at him. "Did you just call George a girl?"

     He smirked. "Possibly."

     I glanced at George again and resumed giggling - if the best way to die was to die while laughing, then so be it. I'd rather be in this moment - friends with Fred and George, laughing like a maniac with the guy I like - than being miserable and moody and with George. I like to be care free - I like to live life to the ultimate.

______________________

"Well, that was an interesting start to the term," I commented as we were herded out of the Great Hall, Prefects tripping over each other in their hurry to find their first years, the Head Boy and Head Girl up front at the head of the crowd. "I mean, Moody certainly made an entrance."

     "You can say that again," Fred agreed from behind me. George was next to me, his arm slung across my shoulder like before - I decided to enjoy it as much as I could. Who knows when something bad would happen?

     "No, but seriously. Everyone just stopped and stared - yet he didn't care. Quite funny, really." I snorted and George laughed softly. I smiled.

     Mad-Eye Moody had definitely made an appearance; halfway through Dumbledore's speech of the year he had entered the Great Hall as the lightning flashed outside, illuminating his scars and bruises covering his already torn face. It didn't half scare people - and then he was announced as our new DADA professor. I'm looking forward to his lessons already.

     "You find anything funny." smirked Fred and I spun round to stick my tongue out at him. I also blew a large raspberry at him, causing his eyes to narrow. "You did not just do that."

     "Oh, I just did that."

     "Don't worry, I'll get her," said George casually as Fred tensed. I rolled my eyes at George before noticing the evil glint in his eye.

     "George... George, no! NO!" I shouted as he pounced on me. His fingers scrabbled at my stomach, and I cracked up laughing. I was dimly aware of Fred wolf-whistling behind us.

     "If I let you go, will you apologise?" he said, while I giggled uncontrollably.

     "May-be..." I panted, but then he started tickling me under my chin. I squirmed. "Okay.. okay! I'LL APOLOGISE!"

     George smiled slightly before releasing me; I immediately jumped away from his touch. "Now will you apologise?"

     I took a step towards the twins, my puppy dog eyes clearly present. Then I skittered back a few steps before spinning around running full pelt up the corridor. "NEVER!"

     "WILLOOOW!" I heard George yell along with his footsteps; he was chasing me. While the sounds he made grew louder, the laughing Fred was making was gently receding as I pushed my way through the crowd, a path forming because they realised what was happening, and they also did not want to get trampled.

     "What's the password?!" I shouted out as I crashed through the remainders of the crowd of Gryffindors; one Prefect replied.

     "Nocktails."

     "Thanks!" I grinned and went careering down another corridor, George hot on my heels. Less people were here - we had passed the majority of them - yet they still drew back against the walls as we tore past. "You're never gonna catch me, Georgie!"

     "I wouldn't bet on it." he grunted, and I could sense how close he was. Like, in ten more seconds he would pass me.

     "Dang it!" I complained and slowed down as we reached the Gryffindor common room. I stopped completely as I said the password. "You have long legs."

     "Don't I know it." grinned George, pushing me into the common room ahead of him. Hardly anyone was in there; as said before, we had surged ahead of the mass of students, and were now alone.

     You know, I wish I never even started that sentence.

     I pulled a face at him, trying to keep the atmosphere light and full of humour. "Big ego much?"

     "Nah." he disagreed with me. "I just like making you laugh."

     I blushed - slightly - although I vowed I wouldn't. "Okay. Let's not get onto that subject."

     George followed me as I sat down on one of the couches. "But why?"

     "Because it's awkward," I sighed, wishing Fred would hurry up. Where the heck was that guy?

     "Or are you just making it awkward?" he questioned, plopping down beside me. He was making this difficult.

     "I probably am." I admitted, twiddling my thumbs. "But can't we just forget about it? Be friends?" when he didn't reply I added: "After all, it would most likely wreck our relationship."

     George chuckled. "Fine. I'll forget about it and I'll shut up - happy?"

     "Much." I grinned up at him as Fred sauntered into the common room with a smirk on his smug face. I rolled my eyes at him. "Fred, you nitwit."

     "What did I do now?!" he exclaimed in slight annoyance while George smiled.

     "You were born." I told him, and he faked hurt by laying his palm flat against his chest. I laughed as the common room slowly started filling up with people, and I jumped up, dragging George with me.

     "C'mon, we have school in the morning."

__________________________

A/N: Oops, crap ending.And it isn't long enough. Oh well. This is dedicated to OhSnapItsCaylee 'cause she is my new fan (I am also hers) :D