• fourteen

a haiku about you

I do not need a
flower's petals to know that
you do not love me

The Great Hall had been decorated with a winter wonderland theme, making the long House tables disappear and having smaller, circular ones take their places

The Great Hall had been decorated with a winter wonderland theme, making the long House tables disappear and having smaller, circular ones take their places. The music was boring and low, which was something she assumed would change as the night went on. The luminescent candles no longer flew over the students, and instead, a sparkling disco ball illuminated the place.

Alexis shifted uncomfortably as she waited for Josh to return with their drinks, which by now she assumed would most likely be spiked.

Josh was wearing the outfit she had chosen for him, and even though she couldn't deny that he looked absolutely dashing, the boy didn't quite capture her attention. Not when she could feel a pair of hazel eyes on her. She subtly turned to glance at James' direction, and found the entire table watching her with mixed expressions.

Alexis knew what she was doing when she delicately placed her hand on Josh's shoulder and leaned closer to whisper sweet nothings in his ear. He bit his lip and shifted nervously, the Ravenclaw was absolutely smitten with her, but after all, the Riddle siblings were known for being uncannily charming. It just so happened that Tom used his charm to manipulate people and lure them into the Dark Arts and Alexis used to it make James Potter jealous.

Three Marauders watched concerned as James continued to bitterly sip his drink as he stared at Alexis and her date. His good mood was beyond dead, giving up any interest in the night and focusing on stalking the tipsy, giggling couple.

Andrea, Remus' Ravenclaw date looked at Alexis with approval. "She's your friend, isn't she?" She briefly glanced at Remus, who nodded in confirmation. "She's gorgeous."

"I personally think the dress was a little too much." Mary sipped her drink, trying her best to be discrete about her bitterness.

"Nah," Beca, Sirius' Hufflepuff date, shook her head. "There is no such thing as being overdressed. The rest of us are just underwhelming."

Bethany, a fellow Hufflepuff and Peter's date for the night, giggled. "She sure makes the rest of us look like a sack of potatoes. But good for her, she looks stunning."

"You girls are being silly." Marlene rolled her eyes.

"Hey," Lily nudged James. "I'm really glad you left her. She's nothing but trouble."

James frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Well, she's obviously super involved with the Dark Arts." Lily noted as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Don't you remember back in first and second year? How close her and her brother used to be?"