[1] BAKUGOU

BAKUGOU, STRENGTH

BAKUGOU, STRENGTH

it happens all of the sudden during the fight against villains

it happens all of the sudden during the fight against villains. none of the students are injured, and that makes bakugō katsuki almost sigh in relief. keyword is almost. of course he doesn't care about that weaklingthat weakling that always manages to make his cheeks turn red at her sudden offering of bento, her sudden smiles, her sudden appearances during breaktimes when she leaves her classroom, back in class 1b. bakugō can care any less whether or not [surname] [name] got pulled along. he doesn't.

"no students are injured"

the students grin at the proclamation though class 1b seems to be dejected still. bakugō glances around the students from the other class, searching for a glimpse of [color] hair. he almost furrows his eyebrows, even more it usually does, at the lack of his target.

"but a couple of students passed."

bakugō's heart almost stops.

almost.

because he can care any less as to what happens to [surname] [name], that weakling from class 1b. he remembers meeting her during the entrance exam and spotting her from a far, fending off against the robots with a tired face. he could have helped her but he didn't. why will he even help a weakling when he has himself to think of? he remembers seeing a shade of [color] eyes flash to him, almost as if asking him why he didn't help her. but why is he remembering this now?

aizawa shōta lists off the names of the students who has passed. ". . .[surname] [name]"

this time, bakugō's heart stops.

a spark of light emits from his palms but he pulls his quirk back. he clicks his tongue and turns around, heels clicking against the floor. no one turns to tell him off for being rude to the dead and no one even bothers to simply glance at him because they knew. why will the great bakugō katsuki, the boy who topped the entrance exam, even bother caring for a weakling from 1b?

and if they ask that question to bakugō, he won't answer.

and that is what leads to the next tragedy; there is bakugō katsuki, second year in the same academy known for birthing the best heroes and supports, fists clenching and eyes brimming with emotionsconfusion? anger? surprise? what is the emotion lingering in his eyes that are usually full of fiery desparation and anger?

"bakugō-san." he hears the familiar voice say, and cough out blood from her lips stained with bruises that comes from his flaming fists.

and bakugō remembers that certain friday, late in the afternoon; he stands in front of a girl very much unfamiliar to him. the girl bows her head and offers a letter with a heart stamp hovering the slip. "bakugō-san! i like you, please go out with me?" there is a moment of silence.

bakugō furrows his eyebrows. "hā?" he bellows.

the girl lifts her eyes, snorting at his reply. "bakugō-san, i like you. please go out with me," she says it this time with more determination, her voice firm and confident.

and bakugō remembers exploding in million shades of red. of course, he doesn't reply to the girl's confession and tells her to buzz off. he doesn't like weaklings, he remembers saying. but the girl simply laughs and claims that she will remain determined to eventually win the heart of the boy she loves. she gives him lunches, walks him home. bakugō remembers being teased by kirishima that [surname] is wearing the pants in their relationship. did they have a relationship?

"you're still a weakling, huh?" bakugō chokes out, blond hair hovering his eyes that refuses to meet the [color] orbs of the girl before him.

the girl's eyes widen for a moment, the blood from her lips staining her dark costume. a costume as dark as the organization she belongs to. she soon laughs, coughing along the way.

"i guess being the bad guy doesn't make you stronger, bakugō-san," [surname] says. she falls to the ground because of fist bakugō sends her, her bruised body leaning against the wall.

there is a moment of silence before she speaks, looking up to the heroic figure above her. she almost cries because she's proud. what a beautiful hero her love has become. she closes her eyes. "i'm sorry, katsuki," she calls him by his given name and he freezes.

why? bakugō wants to ask but simply grits his teeth and lifts his leg to push it aggressively against the villain's stomach. he's only doing his job, he says to himself.

then why does he want to stop?

and when the villain takes her final breath, he furrows his eyebrows even more than he usually does.

"i'm sorry, katsuki."

when he hears what the villain says, he drops to the ground, arms around the female his heart once care for. he tightens his grip around her and sobs. if kirishima sees him, he will comment about how unmanly he is.

but he doesn't care.

and since he tells himself that he has no choice, since there's nothing else he can do, his lips go to [surname] [name]'s ear.

"i know."