[1] DABI

DABI, NEVER

DABI, NEVER

it's your job tearing apart the lives of the innocent

it's your job tearing apart the lives of the innocent. you like the role of the villain. it makes you feel as if you're not the only one hurting in the world. what will your mother say if she sees you? what will your mother say if she finds out the reason you left is because of the raven-haired boy with danger in his eyes and poison in his palms? you are horrible, terrible, and embarrassing.

and now you surround yourself with the bodies your quirk has caused. they say your quirk is beautiful, and dabi agrees too. your caricatures are beautiful, but the beauty dabi sees is differentfar from the bright lights and sun-filled background. what dabi sees is himself and you under him, doing everything he wants you to do, and that's exactly what you're doing.

but you're getting tired.

as you crouch down, kneeling against the ground, you wipe the excess blood off your cheek but worsening it instead. you can care any less though because you are tired, sick of all the images of the boy who torments you.

all you do is love him, so why?

you chuckle bitterly and narrow your eyes.

with a soft smile, you kick the bodies off the ledge and let nature eliminate the corpses. once you clear up the body with your quirk, you stand near the edge. and you close your eyes to avoid its taunting.

you take your phone from your blood-drenched coat and ring a number. "dabi?" you call out, eyes no longer containing a spark of hope.

"[name]?"

ah, as careless as you remember. "i finished the job," you mumble, "where are you?"

you barely realize that he ends the call when you report that you finished the job. you chuckle bitterly and put your phone back to your pocket.

glancing back at the lifeless and violated bodies fallen from the edge, you can't help but think of what is to happen if you never followed dabi. what will happen if you never loved the toxic boy?

and you realize.

if you never loved the boy, you will still be alive.

the mission goes well like any other mission [surname] [name] has taken

the mission goes well like any other mission [surname] [name] has taken. the bodies are dealt with and the kill is clean but the league of villains are confused when there is a single miscalculated body. they almost sighyou were such a loyal talent, what a waste of life.

and they inform dabi immediately soonafter they incinirate your corpse. "[villain name] is dead," they say over the phone.

villains don't deserve funerals and the only thing that dabi has in memory of you is the dark coat you wear during missions. he has the coat neatly folded on his lap, curtesy to the other members of the association who managed to retrieve the few of your possession that are still there.

dabi, for once, feels guilty.

you left your family for him, after all.

is this how much you love him?

you loved him so much that you just had to take away your own life because you grew tired of the emotions bubbling inside of your head, whispering to love and love and love the boy of ebony flames.

did loving dabi hurt that much?

so dabi pretends that you are still there, wearing the coat and it works because your scent is still fresh. he realizes he knows not much of you but you gave him so much love as if you were lovers.

so in order to thank you for the love you gave him, the love he had never felt, he will pretend you are here and that you can feel him.

tonight, he will love you.

tonight, he will cry as if he really loves you because by then, will you finally realize that your love is acknowledged by the boy of flames?

just for this moment, he will love you.

because he never had the chance to do so.