Chapter Twenty Three

"It's not always the tears that measure the pain. Sometimes it's the smile we fake."  

Happy Reading!!

Chapter 23-Hello dada.

      **Aubree's P.O.V**

I woke up in an empty bed. Frowning, I sat on the bed stretching and yawning. I heard the sound of the shower. He must be in the bathroom.

Wow, genius Bree!

Rolling eyes at myself, I walked to my dresser and choose the dress I would wear to the office today. I chose a black fitted dress, I do not often wear dresses to the office but today I feel like wearing one. Yesterday it was late when we came home so I asked him to stay. We talked a lot yesterday, he told me about his family and I told him about mine. Well, I might have forgotten about Nixon.But that's not important.

My door suddenly opened with an angry looking D.Uh oh!! "Where were you last night? Did you do something crazy? Oh, my god, are you hurt? Where was Nolan?-" She was interrupted by the opening of bathroom's door. Nolan walked out in a towel around his waist. "We have to go to my house- Oh hell!" He stumbled, almost falling on the ground. I laughed out loud.

"Oh god, y-you should h-have seen yourself." I held my stomach which is paining by now.

"She scared me ok! It wasn't funny." He tried to glare at me although I saw his lips twitching up.

D cleared her throat.We looked at her. "So?" She asked.

I furrowed my eyebrow. "So what?"

She rolled her eyes. "Nolan stayed last night?"

"Yeah, why? We came late so I asked him to stay." Her mouth formed an O shaped. She didn't say anything further, just grinned and left. 

That was not weird at all!!  NOte the sarcasm.

"Well.." I looked Nolan.He shrugged. "I'm waiting outside." Nolan nodded and I gave him a salute.

I was waiting for Nolan besides his car, he forgot to bring the keys. "What took so long? Did you find the key?" I asked. He just smiled showing the keys in his hands. I rolled my eyes, getting into the car and we drove off to the office. 

       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on, let's go." Nolan came in urgency without knocking. "What? It's past lunchtime. Where will you go?" I asked looking up from my computer.

He came behind me and leaned forward. I felt his hot breath on my neck, he saved everything and turned off the computer. "Hey! I was working. What are you doing?"I tried to snatch the computer mouse from him. When he was done, he kissed the back of my neck and stood back up.I turned my chair around and glare at him. "Why did you do that?" 

He pinched my nose. "My cute little tomato." He commented seeing my flushed face. I can feel the heat rising on my face again and turn around. He laughed aloud.

"Come on, let's go or else we'll be late for our trip." He said tugging my arms. Our trip? As in Together? 

"Yes, we are going out somewhere. It's a surprise." He replied. "I don't like surprises."I frowned. He grinned."I know"

"But your work?" I stood up grabbing my handbag. "I can take a few days off, I'm sure my boss won't mind." He joked. "Haha!you are so funny,"I say with a straight face. 

"That I am."He said cheekily sticking his tongue out.

"Are you guys ready to leave?" I heard Hailey's voice and grinned at her. "Yes," Nolan and I said at the same time. She came forward and hugged Nolan first then came to me.