|24|

You are my blue crayon, 

the one I never have enough of. 

The one I use to color my sky. 

a.r.asher

***

It's like i'm in a bubble.

And I don't want it to pop.

Atlas leads me back down the trail, the climb easier now since we are not going up.

And true to his word, he takes me to place after place. Beautiful scene after scene.

And kisses me at each one.

At the garden, the place filled with bursting flowers and winged butterflies, it was a light peck. Just something so that he could keep his word to me.

Then he surprised me with a waterfall, leading me around to a trail that showed a roar of water as it cascaded down- thundering in its need to reach the bottom.

That kiss was longer.

After the waterfall came a small playground.

I was overwhelmed by then.

I could tell I wasn't there in the moment. My body had overheated or gone into autopilot.

I just couldn't handle the change in personality that Atlas was revealing to me.

Instead of the distant, cold person- he showed a new warmth. A male who pushed me on the swings, laughing as I soared in the air. Smiling as he reached around to capture my lips- claiming them as his own.

By the time we arrived at the clearing, a soft green land with weaving fields of grass dancing in the wind- I was shaking.

He laid down a blanket but stopped when he noticed my hesitation.

"What's wrong?"

There it was.

That dark face I was use to.

Clouding over the sunshine he was revealing.

"Why are you doing all this?"

He looks down at the camera, before sitting down on the blanket, patting the seat next to him for me to join.

I shake my head, weary and wanting an answer.

He sighs- frustrated- and runs his hands through his dark hair.

"Do I need a reason Lexie? I just wanted to see if I could...if I could make you smile for real."

I angle my head, staring at him with confusion.

"I smile...,"

"No," he shakes his head, looking up at me, "You do that weird fake crap where it looks like you're in pain. Everyone else may think it's enough but I know it's not real."

My eyes widen at his words.

He knew.

He saw through me.

My mate.

"So dad told me to take you out. Like he did with her," the mention of his mother makes his face pull up, like he's swallowed something bitter. "I don't see how well that could have worked, seeing as how she left him soon after but..."

He looks up at me, his eyes thoughtful now, "I just wanted to make you smile. That was it."

I hesitantly step forward, before folding myself down on the blanket, sitting across from him.