Visitor

While they sit in silence for an alone dinner, Axl observes with curiosity how Camille evades his eyes. Although her thoughts are clear, Axl can see all the questions stirring up in her brain, but she says nothing.

Iena serves them an exquisite vegetable soup, which awakens Camille's appetite, ignoring that she can feel Axl's gaze burning her skin. Camille smiles at the old lady as she retreats, leaving them alone. Camille can't help to feel overwhelmed by the awkwardness. After finding out about Onyx, she fights her thoughts to stay out of reach but fails miserably. In the end, she only becomes irritated about being at a disadvantage in every way around him. Axl grins at her troubled thoughts. After his last trip to find answers, Axl has finally made up his mind to give Camille a chance to break away from her bonds, tying her to a traumatic past. Camille raises her eyes to meet his. Her heart flinches to find him cautiously watching her closely.

"It's not fair," she argues. Even when he knows what she's referring to, Axl opts to let her take on the brave moment and let her speak her mind.

"What is?" The smile behind his tone makes Camille's heart pound uncontrollably. She clears her throat to control her voice. Axl holds his chin while his hypnotizing eyes penetrate her soul. The more he looks into her violet eyes, the more confident he becomes of his reasoning to keep her close to him.

"You know." She says as he smiles at her thoughts about waking up in the middle of the ocean. "That's not fair," the second Camille lets a thought pop up in her brain, Axl is the first one to know.

Axl finds a strange pleasure seeing Camille fluster with her sudden awareness of him. Although it seems like she's arrived a few days earlier, they have spent enough time together for him to take note of every detail of her expressions. The way a tiny crease forms in the middle of her eyebrows when she's forcing her mind to stay clear—the mania of biting her lips while she anticipates an answer. Unconsciously Axl has started to open up to the option of experiencing something new. Axl takes a sip of his wine but never leaves her eyes. "Alright, Camille. Let us be fair," he suggests, giving in to the sweet sensation of letting her have her way for once. He has never made a gesture like this for anyone. But he finds a slight hint of joy in giving in to her.

"Since I know you more than you know yourself. I will give you the chance to ask whatever you please," Axl proposes with generosity. "I will answer your questions with complete honesty," this is an invitation that takes her by surprise.

Camille meditates for a moment, looking at the gorgeous man gazing at her with a tone of amusement and curiosity. She can't help to feel confused by how everyone is so cautious and reserved for his temper. Still, to her, he's a mischievous man who finds his amusement by unexpectedly surprising everyone. "I see that Luna and Paloma enjoy telling you stories about me. Perhaps you have questions?" He presumes as he takes a sip of wine while Camille ponders the option to get to know more from him and not for what the others say.

"You'll answer anything I want to ask?" Camille wonders with quizzical eyes. Axl grins, which is something he finds himself doing a lot for her.

"I give you my word," he reassures with a sincere smile, a gesture that makes her heart accelerate immediately.

"Okay..." Camille thinks for a moment as she falls in his spell.

The pleasant scent of cinnamon, the dim light from the chandelier, and the calming sound of the waves in the background give the room the perfect touch for a romantic dinner between a couple in love. Camille hasn't had the chance to have a calm conversation with Axl, besides awkward encounters and the time they spend together with the rest of the gods; this is new, and surprisingly, she feels more comfortable like this. She has been in the Gods' World long enough to gain a little more confidence and tranquility, just like he offered.