Realization

Even though Onyx is the one Axl yearned for. For centuries he imagined how it would feel to caress her smooth face, feel her silky hair, and breathe in her scent once again. How long he waited to have her in his arms, but his heart feels nothing other than the emptiness she left behind. Still, Axl breathes in the cold-hearted and mysterious scent of her soul entwined with his energy. Closing his eyes to let her presence sink in, something else comes to his mind. Something that paralyzes him for a slight moment. Camille's crying face flashes stop him from moving, forcing him to snap his eyes open. Axl looks into Onyx's carmine eyes, but surprisingly, his heart and soul are already connected to Camille's unique energy. Someone that needs him more than Onyx. "Do not do this, my love." Onyx fights the awakening of a painful fire in her dark soul with the realization. Camille's purity has wrapped itself around Axl, more than Onyx ever was.

A sore smile spreads on his face with a sudden resolution. Being able to see how lost Onyx is, thanks to his mother. Unfortunately, there's nothing for him to do to save Onyx. Breaking her free from her nature was never an option. Onyx can sense the change in his heart. Even though she sacrificed her freedom for him, Axl ended up giving up on her. Someone she suffered endless torture for. The angel glares at him with empty eyes, always looking at him fearlessly and tall, never feeling intimidated by his power like the rest of his servants. "I admired your strength to stand beside me when everyone else knelt to my feet. You were always unafraid of expressing your emotions, but now that I see you. You have always been afraid. There is nothing that you fear more than your master." Axl says gently. "I do regret putting you in this position, but I have also realized that your soul was never mine. You will always be her pet." Onyx takes a step back. The coldness in his glare takes her by surprise. Axl is stronger that she remembers him and ready to bargain with his fearless mother for someone else's freedom.

"I cannot expect anything more despicable from you, mother," Axl says, noticing that behind the once bright eyes of Onyx now hides the evil presence of Lady Eirene. Glaring at her with accusation and disappointment, he takes a step back, trying to ease his raging anger. Onyx falls back with agonizing pain. Her weak body claws on her knees, her wings become too heavy for her to hold up. "Are you trying to tempt me again?" Axl asks, trying to stay calm, knowing that the only reason he's able to see the essence of his long-lost love is because of the cruelty of his own mother.

Onyx hunches down, covering herself inside her giant wings, letting out a burst of mischievous laughter as the Great Goddess of Evil and Death manifests herself from within the angel. Even though her body is easily controlled by her master. Onyx holds her emotions and memories of her passionate love for the God of Water. His passion and devotion for her were unshakeable, touching a blue crystal the shape of a heart, a present from him. Her eyes turn bright red, empty and furious, a gray mist covering her body.

"You know I have no control of this body anymore..." Onyx forces her twitching body to stand independently, quivering uncontrollably. She raises her dead eyes to shock him. Releasing a powerful current of black thunder, she screams furiously. "But I have memories. I can remember how I used to feel with you. I remember how you used to feel when I was this close to you, how complete our connection was..." she murmurs sadly, knowing that whatever she says or feels is nothing but an illusion fabricated by Lady Eirene. Taking her direct hit, Axl's eyes turn emotionless and frivolous, triggering the Great Goddess's need to push him more. To see him raging and hate her, fall for the dark side, she easily controls. "Do you ever regret..." Onyx's voice trembles in pain as the sadness surround her lifeless body. Axl takes a deep breath, not letting his mother see what she wants. He focuses on Camille.

"Making me pay for your mistake? Condemning me to live where there is no life. Look at me, look at what she has made of me!" The angel reproaches. "I am happy that this girl you want to protect, the girl you want to fight for, that girl does not even call your name when she needs help. She cries for someone else; she accepts anyone's kindness but yours," she hisses, trying to rub him with the painful truth. Camille has never called his name, not even once. They've spent so much time together, but she never tried calling his name, but she does with everyone else.