Chapter 5- "Lina"

I looked down to say thank you, when I felt as though a bucket of ice cold water fell on me, then, in the blink of an eye, I was teared away from my safe haven, and back to the stuffy old cell, where my eyes opened to reveal Wanda.

*Adelina's pnt. Of view*

"So you're finally awake, for a second there I actually started to believe that Wilma killed you." Said Wanda calmly.
"How long was I out?" I questioned, my voice groggy, my throat feeling as dry as a desert.
"2 days." Replied Wanda, still keeping her calm demeanor.
"Huh." Was all I could muster up.
"I see that your wound healed." Wand observed.
"Yeah, and I'm guessing you're here to give me a new tattoo as well." I replied sarcastically, I really wanted her to leave.

Wanda smiled so sweetly, and she shook her head and said "No, come on Lina, you know that I was never the violent one." Her eyes pierced my own, and my world stopped.

Lina, I haven't heard that nickname since...

No.

I stopped breathing.

She wouldn't go there, she just wouldn't.

"What are you doing here?" My tone changed to a curt note, my heart and mind guarded, preparing for the bullet that Wanda was going to shoot my way.

"I'm here to avenge Jessica's death."

And there it was.

Shots fired.

Memories pierced my mind like bullets, while my heart constricted at the events of that day.

"What? You didn't think I forgot about that did you? Huh Lina? Do you really think I would let you get away with it?" Wanda demanded, her voice still and calm, her smile never fading.
"There is nothing to get away with, I didn't do anyth-"
"Don't you dare lie!" Boomed Wanda, as she moved lightning speed, wrapping her hand around my neck, her claws lengthening, slowly piercing into my skin.

The pain grew gradually, as her claws sunk deeper. I could feel my blood running down my skin. My eyes blurred, as my throat burned.

She added pressure with every word she spoke "you're the one who was outside when they attacked! You're the one she saved! You're the reason she's dead today!"
"And you're the reason I was outside." I struggled to whisper.
"LIES!" Declared Wanda, her grip becoming extremely deadly.

I started seeing stars, I felt myself going limp.

But then, I felt a surge, I wasn't going to be die this way.

I willed myself to be free, and I felt myself breaking the ropes, and in reality I was.

In the blink of an eye, my hand and claws sunk deep into Wanda's chest and I ripped her heart out.

She stood frozen, her claws slowly retracting. She staggered back, gasping, as though she couldn't fully comprehend what just took place.

My heart was beating erratically, while in my hand, Wanda's heart laid frozen.

Wanda's eyes looked over at me accusingly, but then her eyes softened and she said "I did make you go out there, you were supposed to die, but instead, I lost a role model, I lost my best friend. But anyway, " she gasped, then coughed, her body suddenly collapsed to the ground.

Her eyes found mine, while she lay on the floor, her lips moved, and I had to blink twice to make sure I caught what she said.

She gasped again, then she whispered with her last breath "forgive me."

I was frozen.

I didn't blink.

I didn't speak.