Chapter Five

I'm startled awake when I feel something hit my face. I groan awake and roll over, hearing the granola bar crumple to the floor. I don't even have to open my eyes to know that it was Madeline that did that.

"What do you want?" I ask tiredly. I hear her scoff as she walks over and jumps across my bed. I let out a huff of air when her body hits my legs.

"You have to go to the thing today." She says in between taking a bite out of the granola bar.

I remember that I have to go to the gym to start training. Since last Friday, I've been going to see a trainer to help me throw knives. I'm actually not that bad at it. But today we start the group training.

I kick Madeline off and hear her fall on the floor. She throws a pillow at my face before walking out of my room. I get up and walk into the bathroom, quickly brushing my hair and putting it up.

It's only 9:30, and I have to be there at 11:00. I walk through my house into the kitchen and pull a container of yogurt out of the fridge. I don't even like yogurt, but it's on my diet thing.

I mix up one of the protein shakes really fast and try to enjoy my "breakfast". When I'm finished, I go back to my room to change.

I change into a pair of shorts and a loose tank top to train in. I'm not really sure what Gary's idea of training is, but I have a feeling it won't be easy.

Mom offered to drive me to the gym, but Dayo texted me last night asking if I needed a ride. I had no idea that he lived so close to me.

I haven't seen some of the cast since Wednesday, when we all went out for dinner. We went and got burgers, though we promised each other we wouldn't tell Gary about it. He would flip if he found out that we ate something that wasn't on our fitness plan.

That night was fun, though. We haven't known each other that long, but I've already bonded with most of them. Well, the ones that I've been with. I don't really see much of Josh or Jennifer.

Other than that, I have been going to school every day and gone running every afternoon. Everyone at school that heard about me getting the part is already going crazy about it. They want me to give them spoilers and other secrets about the movie, when I don't even know that much myself. Zachary and Sydney literally will not shut up about it.

I tie the laces on my shoes quickly before I hear a car horn outside. I run out of my room and out of our front door. I see Dayo's car sitting in my driveway.

I run up to the car and pull open the door. Dayo smirks when he sees me.

I sit down and pull the seatbelt across me before Dayo speeds out of the driveway.

"You're a little early." I tell him, looking at the time.

"Well, the gym is like 30 minutes from here." He says while taking a long swig out of a water bottle. "And we have to swing by and get Xander."

"Can't he drive?" I ask.

"Yeah, but it's on the way. Might as well, right?" he asks. I shrug my shoulders and turn the radio up.

We ride on the highway for about 15 minutes before he takes a sharp right onto an unfamiliar street. He rides down the road for a few minutes before stopping in front of a large condo.

He hits the horn once before I see Alexander bursting through his front door. He puts on a pair of aviators and walks toward the car.

He's only been doing the whole exercise plan for two weeks, but he looks as if he's been doing it his entire life. The sleeves on his tee shirt hug tight against his arm, outlining the muscles there. He might have worked out before, but you can definitely tell he has been working out now.