Chapter 23

"How about a little bit more of a female touch in my mansion?"

There was a slight smirk on his face as he said that and it didn't go unnoticed by Elizabeth as she crossed her arms.

"My Mr. McGregor, you aren't going soft are you?" Daniel said laughing. "Trust me, just get yourself a wife she'll solve that problem for you."

Elizabeth looked away from the men as she felt James his gaze burn into her skin.

Daniel was about to reopen his mouth again when Paul popped his head into the room. "Sir, it's your wife on the phone, she's asking about Margret or something like that." He said shaking his head.

"O crap... Well speaking of the devil." Daniel stood up and walked out of the room.

"So..." James started looking down at the table and then up slightly at her. "What else have you got?"

"I'm sorry?" Elizabeth said shifting to standing on one leg. "Well have you got something a little bit cozier?" He said with an amused smile on his face.

"No." She said moving to pick up all of the drawings and paperwork again. "You didn't really strike me as the person who'd go for that kind of thing." She said as he reached out and grabbed her hand. Her eyes went straight up to his face with a surprised look on her face. "You really think I'm that cold?" He said feigning hurt and placing a hand over his heart. 

She pulled her hand from his as she looked down at the paperwork again and grabbed the last view. Clearing her throat she looked him straight in the eye and said. "I'll have the new drawings done by Monday."

"But that means you have to work in the weekend."

"I don't mind."

"But what about your plans?"

"Don't have any." She said as she was about to leave the room when he grabbed her arm. "Good, because I wanted, to this time, actually ask you out." He said causing her to sigh. "Wait to hear me out, I'll take you anywhere you like, and I'm paying so you just name it."

"Now you think I can be bought?!" She said with the anger clear in her voice and face. "No no no no, that wasn't how I meant it." He said realizing his mistake. "Just want to make you happy and give you the perfect date."

Elizabeth scoffed at that and looked down at the floor for a moment when she looked up again and saw the fear of rejection in his eyes. She sighed before saying, "Alright how about this, you take me anywhere I want, just for the weekend, and if after that I still want you to leave me alone you will."

"That sounds like music to my ears." He said with a smile on his face.

"So what do you want?" He asked as she walked over to the door. "I'll text you before noon today." She said walking out of the door.