Chapter 11 - Research

Dolores was not at home as Izo softly closed the door behind her and made herself visible. She called out to Dolores without any response. She made her way to the kitchen and found a note that said, "Should Miss have returned, I'm out with some of the other working girls. Inside the fridge, there is bread and ingredients to make yourself a sandwich. If that is much too difficult, grab a takeout menu from the pile and order yourself a meal under $20.

We're going to have a talk about vanishing without any word, Miss. So be prepared.

With righteous fury,

Your nanny,

Dolores."

Too lazy to wait to order or make a sandwich, Izo grabs a bowl filled with fruit from the table and carries it off to her room. Though hungry, her current priority is to clean herself by taking a nice long shower.

Household Magic was a common skill that Izo had never managed to master. No matter how her best friend, Alvis had tried to teach her even he had ended up giving up on Izo. He had flatly stated, that Izo had a better chance of becoming a heroine than mastering Household magic.

Sadly, that was all true, an example was when trying to clean her clothes with Household magic. Izo had created a small inland tsunami; the good news was that the area was clean of monsters for years to come. The bad news was that several villages had been washed away along with the inhabitants. On the bright side, though severely peeved none of the villagers had perished in the tsunami. The same principle had applied in reverse when trying to dry her clothes via Household magic. The result was a swirling fire tornado of death. An unknown arsonist was responsible for several forests being accidentally burned down.

It was still a mystery to Izo to this day and everyone else that despite her being a competent magician. One would think Household magic was complex to master, but that was wishful thinking on Izo's part. The truth of the matter is that Household magic is the simplest magic to master. Much like how some individuals are just bad at sports or math, Izo was really terrible at Household magic.

Luckily, washer and dryers were much more her speed. But Izo didn't think modern-day appliances were equipped to remove monster drool. She dares not try lest she damages the modern-day appliances. Also, Dolores wouldn't forgive her anytime soon. With sadness and resolution, Izo incinerated her clothes including her comfy boots.

Wearing warm pj's Izo grabs the fruit bowl and takes a seat at her desk waiting for her gaming PC to turn on. Once on, Izo opens a search engine and reaches into her inventory to pull out the packet given to her. She scans through the packet carefully before creating a profile to accept jobs on the Guild's website. Izo scans through the hundreds of jobs for her class level, but none attract her eyes. Bored, she skips to reading and learning about dungeons. The ones that were interesting were for higher classes or recommended being part of a party.

Izo stops to rub her eyes as she leans back in her seat. Blinking her eyes for a moment, she reaches over for an orange and begins to peel it. She could party with a group, but she wasn't very good working as a team. The only people she had ever successfully worked was with Alvis and her classmates. And look, how that ended? But either way, she had never worked with anyone since then and besides being a loner was much her style.

Izo contemplates other possible options to possibly gain connections or things to do in her meantime. Education wise was a bust, Izo had been a high schooler when summoned. Though smart, she wasn't at a geniuses' caliber. Realistically speaking she hadn't even finished high school on this Earth, (though she did have a GED having bluffed her way through the exam on this Earth.) She was still at a disadvantage despite having some general knowledge stolen from the previous Izo of this Earth as Izo hadn't technically studied the subjects. Without a doubt, Izo would fail any college exam. (Technically, she could study, but well-, another time, maybe.)