Chapter 13.2 - Hiring Hall

Mr. Debonair simply know as Pierre chatters about the facility as he points out various things on display or individuals of importance gracing the hiring hall. Izo mutes out his voice as she recalls the confrontation before. She had instantly recognized the golden-haired couple, but not the rude redhead and the solemn man.

It takes Izo a minute to scan her memory for the uploaded memories of the other Izo. From her understanding, the redhead was called Kellan and the solemn man was Eric. Apparently, they were best friends with Alexander the point of interest of the previous Izo.

Sadly, enough even though they had been on friendly terms as children, that had all changed as that Izo's ego only grew and eventually, any feelings of friendliness disappeared towards her. Izo didn't have any interest in those two, but what had caught her attention was the girl called Mary. Though subtle, that girl had rather seamlessly interjected herself into the situation. With every answer or movement, Mary's action's felt too perfect as if scripted.

Izo hadn't sensed any charms, seduction magic or talismans on the girl. It was possibly an ability but based on how the girl was still at times, Izo was going to guess foreshadowing. Mary most likely couldn't see more than a couple seconds at a time but that would be more than sufficient to turn the tide in her favor.

Which was very interesting to Izo as she considered the ramifications. The previous Izo of this Earth, though somewhat emotionally unstable had been partially right about the girl. Mary was manipulating events to her advantage. Too bad, the little idiot had not befriended her.

Those words left a sour taste in her mouth as Izo reflexively took back those words. Even if the other Izo had befriended Mary the ending result would still not have a good one. That poor girl would have ended up just like Izo when she crossed paths with the cursed wench!

Just thinking about that cursed wench made Izo unconsciously release a dark killing intent. A stammering voice caused her to suddenly come too. "Are you displeased, Miss Reed? Please allow me to apologize if I have insulted you in any way or manner." Pierre hastily said trying not show his fear at the cold killing intent emitting from the

Izo smiles awkwardly and replies, "My apologies, I was merely distracted. Please continue."

Pierre still confident though less cheerful than before clears his throat and says, "Ah, yes. Well please lead me to the hiring hall. This hall has been open for over 45 years. Much like the olden days, individuals showcase their talents live before behind hired. The hall takes a percentage from their contract to pay for their use of the hall. The hiring hall is proud to house entertainers to warriors and everything in-between. You'll not find a more versatile hiring hall in the entire city!"

Pierre leads his guest to a hallway that shows individuals sitting down in extravagant rooms on either side of the hall behind the dark glass window that only shows one way inside and not outside. Izo studies the individuals and is surprised to see the first non-human species on Earth. (Not that she hadn't seen them on T.V. or on the summoned world, but it was surprising to physically see them in a modern-day society.)

"I am looking to hire a manager and possibly some guards today. Are there any you can recommend?" Izo firmly said as she studies a harpy in a loose floral dress.

Pierre nods sagely and says, "Of course, please come this way." He leads the way down the hallway passing a stream of rooms before stopping in a library type room. Several individuals are sitting or reading throughout the room. Pierre turns and takes a risk by winking at the haughty faced woman. But a customer was a customer and he would do his best to charm her. "Our hiring hall is one of the few halls that incorporates modern day technology in the hiring process. Please watch closely," Pierre said as he reaches over and points towards the figure right before him.