Chapter 23

Rohan

Daeran POV

Dearan ran over to where Thorin was standing. "Thorin, what are doing here?" Thorin reached down and hugged Dearan.

"I got word that you were in need of some help so we rushed over as fast as we could." I glanced behind is Thorin and noticed the rest of the dwarves standing behind him. I smiled at them but didn't leave Thorin's side.

"who are your companions?" Thorin and asked curiously, still a bit wary of them. "these are Severus and Arthur. They have agreed to Journey with us."

Thorin nodded in understanding. "let's get down to it then" with those last words the company headed to another spare room wear a table was laid out.

Everyone sat waiting for Estel to speak. " now that we are all here, we will head to Rohan in the morning. If anyone is in need of supplies and make it tonight you will not have time in the morning to retrieve anything."

Everyone nodded their heads. " since there are so many of us we will have to be careful, so many traveling and one group is very dangerous-"

"we could help with that" Arthur said " we could place a glamour so we seem smaller to anyone who sees us" Estel nodded his head thinking.

That could work we will discuss more about that in the morning. For now you must all rest. I left the meeting right after that with Keely.

I did notice though that Estel, Legolas, Thorin and Severus had stayed behind. I guess they would be going into more depth about our journey.

The next morning came fast and before I knew it we were on our horses heading West. The journey to the brown lands had been I guess quiet no one really conversed much on the journey, but now there was talking and laughing jokes and songs.

I had forgotten just how much fun traveling with the dwarves was. Whenever they joked I would always laugh and I couldn't help but trying to sing along with them.

I sat with Legolas again on his horse, but every now and then I would sit with Thorin or Estel. We took breaks at lunch and again at dinner for continuing.

It wasn't until late in the night when we would stop and unpack sleep then rise early to continue our journey. As the days were on I noticed a change the dwarves being as cheerful as they were we're starting to die down.

Not as much talk was done these days we mainly wrote out our journey and silence. I hated it the silence but there was nothing worth talking about.

Soon the days passed into weeks until finally after I'm not sure how long we arrived in Rohan by the time we reach the city it was late night early morning. Even though it was late at night I remember waking up to the sounds of people.

Curious I had awoken to see that we were in a city. I had remembered Estel  telling me about Rohan and he was right it was dismal sight.

In the morning we congregated for breakfast. "how long will we be staying here? how much longer will it take us to get to Isengard? How-"

"slow down when I won I can only answer one question at a time" nori said chuckling. "I am not really sure to all the answers that you ask however you may ask them at breakfast this morning I'm sure Estel and Legolas would love to answer them."

I smiled knowing he was right as we continued walking. When we arrived not everyone was there, most of the dwarves had yet to arrive.

" Legolas I called when I spotted him. He turns me and came over to where I was standing. "what can I do for you?" he asked kneeling in front of me. Causing me to blush slightly.

"um... how long will we be here for? It...its not that I don't like it here it's just like don't we have to get to Isengard?" Legolas smiled at me "we should be leaving soon maybe tomorrow or the day after." " but why have we been here so long? Is something wrong?"

" No Daeran nothing is wrong, we just have to make sure we are all well rested, that we have supplies and also that we have a plan mapped out for how we're going to get there and what we're going to do once we get there" I nodded my head and understanding "that makes sense" I smiled.

Before I knew it we were on our way again. The journey wasn't as somber as before but there wasn't as much light. "it will only take us a few days to reach the gap of Rohan. From there we will make our way to Isengard but once we reach the gap of Rohan we must be careful.

Saruman and Dumbledore could have spies or spells that can help them detect if you're coming. We were two days away from the gap of Rohan when we were suddenly ambushed by it Orcs.

I remember them coming from nowhere they just seemed to materialize into thin air. I had been sitting fili at the time listening to him make jokes with his brother.

I remember there being shouts I can hear swords being drawn and orders being shouted. Since we were on the ponies we did have a bit of an advantage being high up. At least that's what I thought until the Orcs surrounded us.

I remember seeing legless fire his bow, Severus and Arthur both had their wands pointed and we're flying off Spells at a fast rate. I wanted to help them I really did but I didn't know how even though I had begun some training with Radagast I wasn't skilled enough to really help.

Soon afterward only thought to be a few minutes the fight was over. Most of the Orcs we're dead however some had retreated and escaped. There weren't as many as I had originally thought I guess Saruman and Dumbledore and think our company to be that big.

"We must make for the gap of Rohan quickly" Estel said leading his horse to the front. We galloped for a long time taking multiple brakes to let the horses eat and drink before we were soon on our way again.

What was supposed to be a five-day Journey Lasted Us three. Once we made it to the Gap of Rohan we didn't leave our guard but we did relax a little. We would be staying here for two days then we would tread carefully to Isengard.

Rumor was that Isengard was beautiful or at least it used to be fields of green grass and beautiful trees line the perimeter and the area in general was rich in nature.

Or at least that's what it used to be according to rumors the area was desolate the trees have been uprooted and fires had been set to the area.

People said that they could hear loud noises and screams coming from that area, but no one had dared venture there though talk of evil was prominent.