Chapter 13.4 - Opinion

Mr. Noir waits for a familiar figure to return and reseat herself before him. The woman calmly crosses her legs and says, "Well, what do you think of her?"

Mr. Noir raises at his employer as he studies her. The woman had been referred to his firm by a well-known associate. Yet despite all this time, he had yet to fully learn how to read her. It wasn't that her face was expressionless, rather it was her eyes that disturbed him. Those dark eyes contained no warm in them other than a bitter coldness.

"Miss Reed, are you asking if she is acceptable or if I like her?" Mr. Noir said as he waits for a response. The pointed silence is his response to which he answers, "She is acceptable and you could do far worse. However, Miss Reed, I fail to see the reason for the question. You are the one who selected her did you not or are you having second thoughts about her?"

Miss Reed shakes her head and says, "No, that's not it. But rather do you believe she will fulfill my objective."

"Ah, it that case most certainly. Without out a doubt, you will gain the trust of many denizens that would normally be difficult to hire especially among the dwarven craftsmen. Their dislike with working with elven managers is rather legendary in business circles. Though I have heard relations have been improving," Mr. Noir matter-of-factly stated.

Miss Reed remains silent in contemplation, before rising to her feet and saying, "Thank you, Mr. Noir for your candor." Without another word, Miss Reed exits out of the office leaving a rather puzzled Mr. Noir behind.

Rather than wasting his time pondering the riddle of Miss Reed, he had more important tasks to fulfill. After all, she was only one of his clients and he had a business to run. Without any other thought, he calmly puts Miss Reed out of mind and out of reach.