Chapter 7.

My body was stiff when I woke up, I had fallen asleep in front of my mothers grave last night. I stood up my back cracking in the process, I wiped the dirt off my legs and arms and straightened out my clothing. 

I grabbed my phone out of the pocket in my shorts. I had 9 missed calls from Elliot and 23 text messages, I also had three missed calls from Jamie. I called Jamie back, pressing the the phone to my ear.

"Dove!" Jamie shouted through the phone.

"Hey" I said my voice horse and scratchy.

"Your brother some how got my number and called me all panicked saying you weren't in your room last night, he said he checked at Vicky's but Beth hadn't seen you. Are you okay? What happened? Do I need to kick someones ass?" She ranted. 

"Im fine Jamie" I cut her her off, "I just got into an argument with Elliot last night"

"Are you sure your okay?" Her voice asked softly.

Tears brimmed in my eyes as I recalled the previous night. 

"Um" My voice cracked so I cleared my throat, "Do you think I can stay at your house for a couple of nights, I don't want to go back home" 

"Of course Dove, Come over now and we can make something to eat and watch movies. My mom has been asking when you were coming back over" she said. 

I smiled to myself, giving my mothers grave one last look before turning around and walking away. 

"Im on my way now J, I'll see you in a few" I said to her. 

"Okay ill see you soon" with that she hung up. 

I started my walk down the road to Jamie's apartment, her building was only two blocks away so it wasn't a long walk. I didn't want to go home yet. I didn't want to have to face Elliot after everything he said, Call me a coward but I just needed time. 

I hurried across the road in my bare feet, giving a small smile at the lady who was walking her dog. My phone buzzed in my hand and I stopped to look at it. Elliot was calling me, I paused looking down at his name for a couple of seconds before pressing down on the decline button. I put my phone on silent and shoved it back into my pocket.

For a second I felt guilty for not answering Elliot but the feeling was soon gone, replaced by the numb, emptiness. 

After a few more minutes of walking I reached Jamie's apartment building. The red bricks looked old and dirty, and the balconies looked like they were about to fall apart. Two scruff looking teenagers leaned against the side of the building smoking god knows what. I walked by them not sparing them a glance and opened the door to the building. The inside didn't look any better, the paint on the walls was peeling and what use to be white paint was now a gross yellow brown colour. 

I debated on taking the stairs but the Elevator doors opened so I opted to take it instead. The door opened slowly and the made a creaking sound, but I didn't pay much attention and instead walked inside. The building had six floors and Jamie was on floor three, so I pressed the button with a big number three on it. The Elevator made a ding sound as it came to a stop at the floor letting me off. 

I walked down the hall with similar tinted yellow walls as downstairs before stopping at room 18. I knocked a couple of times and waited. 

The door opened and a women in her mid forties with chestnut hair so similar to Jamie's stood at the door, her brown eyes shinning bright although she had dark circles under them. She didn't hesitate to bring me in for a hug , holding me tightly.

"I haven't seen you in forever, hun" Jamie's mother said.

"I know its been a while, Miranda" I said with a chuckle.

She pulled me back to arms length checking over my face.

"Are you okay, Dear?" she asked concerned. 

"Yeah Im okay, just a rough night" I said. She nodded, giving me a soft smile smile.

"Jamie is in her room, she already has the movies all set up" Miranda chuckled, a loving look in her eyes. Jamie and her mother have always been close.

I gave Miranda a smile before running down the hall to Jamie's room. I didn't bother knocking as I barged in flopping down on the bed. 

Jamie shrieked falling off the bed. I laughed looking down at her. She rubbed her head sending me a glare.

"Why do you always scare me like that!" she exclaimed standing up.

"Your just easy to scare" I smirked. She scoffed falling onto the bed beside me.

Jamie had a small room, she had a double bed in the corner on the left and a small desk on the right, the closet door right next to it and that was it. She always said it was tiny but I would say it was cozy, because it is a very cozy and comfy room. Her walls were painted a dark grey and she had a fuzzy black rug on her floor. 

"What movies?" I asked getting snug in the covers. 

"You have to explain" she said turning to face me.

"I will" I yawned, "but I just need a break for a little while, then i'll explain" 

She nodded in understanding, also getting comfy in the covers. She pulled her laptop in front of us turning on the movie.

"I chose Finding Nemo and you better like it" She said hitting play. 

I laughed, "You always want to watch Nemo" 

"Its the best thing ever created" she argued.

"Peter pan is the best thing created" I muttered under my breath.

"I herd that!" she yelled. 

And so I spent the day with my Best friend. The numbness slowly disappearing without me even realizing it.

I wished I could have stayed in that moment forever.

________________________________________________________________________________

Another chapter up! 

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, Sorry that there wasn't much action in this chapter. It was more of a filler chapter. 

Vote and comment! I always love your feedback!

If you have any suggestions feel free to let me know :)

Love you all <3