Say Yes

"You say your hands are not clean? That you are not the Wife I should marry because you are vicious and crude. That you say what's on your mind and kill before asking questions. Have you stopped to think that maybe that's exactly what I want? Or what I like about you?" Ju Long said as he pushed back the stray hair and tucked them behind her ear. He pinched her earlobe, causing her cheeks to glow pink in the moonlight before holding her hands again. "I like that you have strong hands to protect those you love and care about. I like that you have a formidable spirit to do what you say and say what you do. I like that you stand up for yourself and can handle yourself perfectly fine. I like that you don't play the damsel in distress and prefers to save yourself, rather than wait for a man to save you. I admire your resolve to take yourself out of a bad situation in life and bring those you care about along with you. I like that these hands, that are dirtied with blood, can make delicious dishes that feeds one soul and protects those you love. These hands that I hold."

Ju Long said as he bring them to his chest so Sya could feel his heartbeat faster. "Makes my life worth living. Never say you are unworthy to be with me. To stand beside me and be my Wife. I did not choose unwisely as the woman to be my wife."

Sya's eyes were suddenly wet as tears started to fall down silently. She has never cried before, but this shameless man made her cry with his words alone.

"I've never lied to you and I won't lie to you ever. You are a beautiful woman. The most beautiful woman I've ever seen. But I didn't fall in love with you at first sight because of your beauty. It was the way you worked in the kitchen that caught my attention. It was how hard you worked to feed your customers that made me want to learn more about you. But, it was your food that moved my feelings towards you. It reminded me of my mother's love. I only had three years with her before she died, but that love remained with me to this day. And your food, it reminded me of how warm and comforting her love was toward me. It was at that moment, I thought it could be a sign that my mother was trying to tell me. That the woman responsible for making me remember her was the woman my mother has chosen for me. " Ju Long smiled at her as he reached out to cup her face with his hand. His thumb caressed her cheek back and forth for a long time. Letting silence overcome their heart to heart talk. Letting them process the words that were spoken between a man and a woman.

"I don't want a virtuous wife whose hands are clean and pure. I don't want a gentle lady as my woman. I don't want a innocent beauty, who does what they are told, who waits for her hero to come rescue her. I don't want a damsel in distress. I don't want a scheming woman of a wife, who only looks good in front of her husband, but plans other's demise behind my back and lies about it to my face so she would seem like a pure and virtuous woman." Ju Long said softly as they stare into each other's eyes. His stormy grey eyes searching for any telling signs of thoughts in her deep sea blue eyes. "I want someone who will fight beside me. Someone who will stand tall, next to me against all odds. Someone who tells me exactly what's on her mind and doesn't care that what she said might hurt someone's feelings. Someone who will rescue me, should I ever be in trouble."

Sya smiled at Ju Long as he kept talking. "I want someone who uses all their strength to protect me, cherish me, love me. I want someone to walk beside me, no matter how hard the road is, how muddy or steep it may be, she'll walk beside me as we hold hands, growing old together."

Ju Long cupped her face with his other hand and rubbed her lips with his thumb. Sya slowly opened her lips with his touch, as Ju Long's heart beated faster. A fire was lit inside of his heart and it could not be extinguished.

"That someone is you, Sya. There is no other. There will be no other." Ju Long promised as his lips descended onto hers.

The kiss was soft. It was slow. It made Sya's toes curl as Ju Long's lips teased hers. Her hands came up to thread his hair between her fingers as she pulls him closer to her. When his tongue swept inside of her mouth, she forgot to breathe.

Ju Long pulled away after a while as they both breathed in deeply to catch their breaths.

"I am a fool, but only for you." Ju Long said as he kissed her lips lightly before pulling back to look at her. "Say that you'll become my woman. Say that you'll be my Wife?"

Sya's eyes shined with happiness, but then she remembered her father.

"My father..."

"We'll deal with him when he comes." Ju Long said. "Right now, I might not be the most strongest person to protect you. But I'll work hard to become stronger everyday to be that person. No matter what, even if it's hell itself, I'll stop at nothing to find you and be with you."

Sya stayed quiet at Ju Long's words. His words were more true than he would ever know. Sya looked down at her hands, but Ju Long's hand had lifted her chin so they could look at each other.

"Say yes." Ju Long said as his eyes pleaded with her. "Say yes, to me. To you. To us. Let's walk this road together. No matter how bumpy, muddy, or steep. Let's walk this road as Husband and Wife."