c h a p t e r o n e

delilah shaw awoke to her sister playing cher on her new boombox she'd gotten for her sixteenth birthday last week

delilah shaw awoke to her sister playing cher on her new boombox she'd gotten for her sixteenth birthday last week. it was the last day of school and gracie was already awake and had begun to get ready at 6:00am. their mother had already left for the early shift at the diner.

"oh my god, gracie. it's six in the morning. why do you have to play cher?" delilah groaned, covering her head with her pillow.

"seems to be the only way i can wake you up." gracie said to her sister, who through a random stuffed animal at her.

"get ready and eat breakfast. otherwise you wont be ready for when bev comes." gracie told her sister.

"yes mom."

delilah and gracie had to share a room, not that either of them minded. they got along extremely well. both of them looked out for each other, more so gracie than delilah. delilah ate her breakfast downstairs then came upstairs to get ready. she dressed herself in the same thing she wears everyday which consisted of a skirt (normally plaid), a plain t-shirt and a pair of boots paired with some knee high socks. she applied the smallest amount of makeup, seeing as her sister had left her out in the bathroom.

she shouted bye to her sister, who for some reason always left later than delilah, and exited the house. after about five minutes of waiting delilah's best friend, beverly marsh, turned up.

"hi dee."

"hi bevvy"

the two engaged in conversation as they continued the short walk to school, which mostly consisted of talking shit about henry bowers and greta keene.

the girls separated once they had put things in their locker, seeing as they didn't have any lessons together until after lunch. delilah had science first and beverly had math. delilah walked into her classroom seeing her lab partner already there and set her stuff down.

"hi bill." delilah said smiling at the boy. delilah really liked bill, he was sweet and she felt really bad for what had happened to bill and his family. she'd gotten to know bill well over the time they'd been lab partners.

"h-hi delilah. how a-are you?" bill smiled at the girl who'd just sat next to him. bill liked delilah a lot, maybe not as much as richie though. she was a very nice girl and surprisingly funny. not to mention she was gorgeous.

"i'm good thank you." delilah replied. then the teacher started speaking so bill and delilah stopped.

the rest of the day went by pretty fast. delilah spent lunch with beverly and got through the rest of her lessons with ease. some days after school beverly and delilah met up in the bathroom to quickly have a cigarette and delilah was just about to leave her locker and enter the bathroom when the losers club came over to her.