xi

"Dr. Andrews, it comes with deep regret that I must tell you this," Richard Webber tells Hadley, closing the blinds of his office. Hadley's heart is in her stomach as her nerves run wild.

     "Dr. Webber, please don't do this. I need this job," Hadley pleads, wrapping her hand tightly around the arms of the chair. Her knuckles turn white.

     The Chief of Surgery frowns, looking over Hadley's features before speaking, "You missed a lot of work. The attendings and Dr. Bailey fear you're falling behind."

     "I don't mean to interrupt, sir, but I am a surgeon. I went through medical school just like every other intern here. You can't just take my job away," Hadley argues, tears burning her eyes.

     "You're welcome to come back next year. Seattle Grace will accept you with open arms ."

     One tear drops to Hadley's cheek, and she rushes out of the chief's office. She works her way to a locker room. By the time she enters the smelly room, sobs are racking her body.

     "Andrews?" A voice knocks her out of her thoughts. Alex Karev stands at his locker. He is shirtless, his blue scrub bottoms clinging to his hips.

     Hadley ignores the man, plopping down on the bench as tears pour down her cheeks. She feels warm arms wrap around her as a hand rubs her back.

     "Hadley, what's wrong?" Alex asks as he holds the weeping girl.

     "The chief let me go. He said I fell too far behind," Hadley sobs, resting her head in the crook of the man's neck.

Alex scoffs, "Now, that's ridiculous. You're one of the smartest doctors here. I'm going to go have a talk with Webber. You're not going to be kicked out of the program." 

     Hadley shakes her head, "No. you'll just get yourself in trouble. I'll come back next year and prove that Dr. Webber was wrong about me."

     Or at least that is what Hadley thought.

-

     "Thanks for the ride," Hadley says, passing money to the taxi driver that picked her up from Seattle Grace Hospital. 

     "Are you moving out or something?" the cab driver questions, counting the crumpled bills before stuffing them his pocket. Hadley looks at her home with questioning eyes. Her heart drops. 

     Her clothes are thrown out across the lawn carelessly, and the upstairs window of the condo is wide open. Laughter rings through the opening.  It is laughter originating from a female. . . a female that is not her. 

     Hadley is nervous and terrified. She has never felt anything like it before, but then again, she has never been in love. Phillip Jackson was her first love, and he gave her everything. Now, their relationship may be at stake. She rushes into the house, ignoring the taxi driver's nervous glances. She no longer is worried about her career, but now her love. 

     The house is eerily quiet. Phillip's blue polo is strung across the stair's railway. Hadley grabs the article of clothing and walks up the stairs. The door of the master bedroom is wide open allowing Hadley to see something that makes her heart crumble. A thin woman with fair skin and platinum blonde hair lies in the bed--Hadley and Phillip's bed. The veteran lies on top of her, completely too close for comfort. Well, if close even applies anymore. 

     "Phillip," Hadley cries, tears dripping from her eyes. The man turns his attention to the crying girl, separating himself from the woman in their bed. A smirk lies on his face, and the girl under him is taken over in exasperated laughter. 

     "Hadley, this is Tatiana. She's my new girlfriend."

------------

Alright, I'm sorry for the extremely short update, and for the skipping forward in time. There will be several more time skips and short updates or a while until I get to the time period I would like to be at. 

What do you think Hadley will do now? She is jobless, homeless, and single yet again. 

Did you see Phillip's betrayal coming?

Who should she end up with? 

Love y'all!

maddys