Chapter Thirty-Eight:

Ruka (1)

"I'm surprised you're not pushing to go, Ruka." Iroh said while he watched the doctor inspect my stitches for the last time.

"I know my limits." I replied, "I have to gain my energy back and that won't happen if I'm out fighting your nephew." Iroh chuckled.

"Well, it seems be healing nicely. I don't have any concerns unless you're feeling a little more out of the usual - really hot, dizziness, migraines?"

I shook my head.

"Very well. If there's anything you need, you know where to find me." He bowed to me then to Iroh before leaving out the door.

Once the door was closed, I asked Iroh, "He's using my mother's necklace to find them, isn't he?"

Iroh nodded, looking to me then down to his tea cup.

"Don't let him lose it." I told him in a soft voice, "Please?"

Iroh nodded once again. "I'll make sure it's around your neck when we get back."

I forced a smile, "Be careful out there, alright Iroh?"

Iroh laughed lightly, "Don't worry about me. It's Zuko we should be worried about."

I scoffed, "No offense Iroh, but I don't care what happens to your nephew."

"No offense taken."

The metal door swung open and in came a grumpy Prince. "Uncle, the sun is already down, we have to go!"

Iroh told me goodbye before leaving out the room with his nephew and closing the door behind him. I laid down on the bed I had been sitting on and stared up at the ceiling with my palms laid on my stomach.

I have nothing to do now.

I could go look for Hiko and bother him for awhile?

But that would result into me getting up and walking around - I'm not up for that right now.

I guess I could take a nap. That could make time go by faster. And, I am feeling a little more tired than usual.

It's nothing I should be concerned about.... I think?

I closed my eyes and for a split second, I felt a cold breeze hit my skin and heard a 'whoosh'. I couldn't open my eyes and nor could I feel my body.

It was pitch black for a little before I saw a bright light. When I was able to feel my body again, it was if I was standing up and not laying down.

I looked down and saw myself standing on bright green grass. I looked ahead, and a beautiful scenery surrounded me.

White puffy clouds, bright blue sky, large flowers and trees. I looked around and I was alone.

"Hello?! Iroh? Zuko?"

At the blink of an eye, the scenery changed.

I looked around and the sky was a sunset pink and orange. I looked down and I was standing on a cloud. "This can't be possible." I said to myself while shaking my head slowly.

"Oh, but it can."

I jumped at the deep voice.

Im front of me stood a fairly slim, older man. His long hair and long beard was white. Some of his hair was in a bun and a Fire Nation headpiece was on it.

He was in fire nation attire - a blood red robe.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I asked quickly.

"You are in the spirit world, my dear." He replied. "I am Avatar Roku."

I widened my eyes and immediately bowed to him. He chuckled at my actions, "It's alright. There's no need."

I slowly stood back straight while looking up to him. "Why am I here?"

"I've come to talk to you Ruka."

I furrowed my brows, "H- how do you know my name?"

"I've been watching you, and so has my granddaughter."

"Who's your granddaughter?"

He smiled behind me and I turned my body around. A young, beautiful woman stood there. She was also in fire nation attire, similar to Roku's. She wore a fire nation headpiece as well but it was different from Roku's.

"My name is Ursa. It's a pleasure to meet you Ruka." She smiled warmly at me.