Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Why are you staring at me?" I asked while quietly brushing down my dark brown curls that laid on my shoulders. After the well needed shower, the nurses had dried me off, redressed me and my wounds and had brought in some chicken broth which I had quickly eaten to fill me up. Now, I was back in my hospital bed, all squeaky clean, while using a brush that one of the nurses gave me to brush down some of my unkempt curls with Damien staring me down.

"You look gorgeous. Happy too." He stated as a smile slowly crept onto his face. Quietly nodding, I turned my attention towards the window where the sun was creeping in past the curtains. "Before I forget, the Alpha of this sacred land will be stopping by to welcome you. I'm not sure when but she said that she'd stop by." He informed as I quickly looked back at him in confusion. "What?"

"A female alpha? Of the sacred lands?" I asked as he nodded slowly in my direction. "So, would she be the Luna or the Alpha of the relationship?" I inquired as Damien gave me a weird look before quietly laughing.

"Her mate, Riko, would be considered the Luna even though he's a male wolf or if it's easier for the mind, he could be titled the Alpha. No matter what his title is, they both share the roll of the alpha and are a very powerful couple. They're also very understanding of any situation so you don't have to be afraid of them." He stated with a smile as I glared at him.

"It's good to hear that. At least somebody understands that we're nice, Aiyana?" Stated another voice as two unfamiliar people walked into the room before bowing. "Good morning, Rose. Welcome to the Sacred Land of the wolves." The same voice added as I stared at the new male in the room. Besides the long black hair that fell over his shoulders, nothing else looked out of place with him. "We are the Alphas of this land but you can call us by our names. I'm Riko Shimoda and this beautiful, menacing looking woman is my wife and mate, Aiyana Shimoda." He introduced as I switched my gaze towards the woman currently staring me down. Unlike her mate, she had short dark brown hair that was curling around her brown freckled cheeks while her dark brown eyes stared at me unblinkingly.

"Thank you for allowing me to enter into this sacred land and it is nice to know you both. My name is Rose Sage." I introduced while breaking eye contact with Aiyana as she turned towards Damien. "I'll be out of here after the doctor says that I am okay to leave." I added as everybody shifted their gazes towards me.

"No, no. We invite you to join the pack, Rose. We can help fill in the void that's missing." Aiyana asserted while watching me as I quietly hoped that she didn't know. "Rogues won't be able to cross into this land to cause havoc. That means that you're safe, Rose. You won't have to worry about waking up in a ball of flame." She testified as the heart monitor started speeding up.

"Aiyana! That was too far." Riko yelled while turning his angry gaze towards his mate. "That is enough. When did you start to scoop down this low?" He asked as she glared back at him. "I apologise for my mate's sudden outburst. She has a special gift that's passed down through her family." He informed as a growl escaped my lips.

"I don't care what type of special gift your family has given you, stay out of my head." Khalil, my wolf, warned as she fisted the sheets beneath my dark brown hands. "You might be able to see what had happened but you don't know us. You have no right to go snooping through our memories." She growled as I quietly tried to reign her back in. Khalil, remember where we are and who we're talking to! This is not the time to be getting aggressive with two Alphas that are inviting us into their land! I warned as she silenced me before focusing back in on the Alphas.

"I'm sorry to have offended you two. I didn't mean to meddle in your past, but it was the first thing that showed itself to me. A house of fire with screams echoing in the background. I didn't know that it was a sore spot." Aiyana apologized as Khalil slowly started to calm down. Quietly sighing to myself, I relaxed my shoulders as I noticed Damien's hand next to my thigh.

"I think we should get going now. You need all of the rest that you can get, Rose. It was nice to meet you in person." Riko stated while smiling before leading his mate out of the room as the door closed quietly behind them. Quietly fisting the sheets, I closed my eyes before sighing quietly.

We are in no position to fight right now, Khalil. Breathe please. I stated as I could feel my wolf pacing back and forth in my head as she quietly shook her head. We need to focus on recovering as much strength as we can before we leave.

Fine. I'll try to speed up the healing but I want out as soon as possible. She quickly replied back before shutting me off as I quietly opened my eyes while staring down at the hand of my mate that hovered over mine. Slowly trailing my eyes up his arm, I gazed into his eyes as his large hand clasped over my own. Just from that little touch, I could feel the warmth building up inside me as a tingling sensation spread throughout my body.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly as his eyes gently looked me over, carefully searching for any signs of distress or something else. Quietly nodding, we remained gazing at each other as someone entered the room.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt anything!" A little nurse stated as I quickly broke eye contact with Damien before looking her way as I noticed what she just brought in. She quietly pushed the wheelchair closer towards the bed before walking back to the door. "I brought this like you asked, Beta." She quietly stated while quickly inching back towards the door as I smiled at her.

"Thank you." I stated as she nodded before hurrying out of the room. "You requested this for me?" I questioned while looking back at Damien as he nodded quietly.

"It's the safest way to let you roam around while your body is healing." He stated as I smiled up at him. "Plus, Aiyana and Riko shot down my option of carrying you everywhere because it was unsafe." He added as I made a mental note to thank them later. Khalil scoffed at that thought.

"Shall I take you on a tour around the hospital for today?" He questioned while walking around to the other side of the bed before he hooked my IV bag onto the wheelchair. "You ready?" He asked as I placed down the brush and nodded before he scooped me up in his arms. My whole body was buzzing from the contact of his arms just holding me. I almost missed it when he placed me in the wheelchair. "What's with that face?" He asked while holding back his laughter as I quietly felt myself frowning.

"Nothing. Can we go see the rest of the hospital?" I questioned as he made sure that I wasn't tangled up before carefully throwing something dark over my lap. As I inspected the item, I noticed that it was his large jacket.

"Some parts of the hospital are colder than your wing so if you get cold, you can use my jacket." He stated as I quietly nodded while gently inhaling his scent as he wheeled me out of my room.