Chapter Twenty Two

*Layla*

  "When do you have to go back?" Ian asked as we laid in bed watching Netflix on my laptop.

  "My flight leaves out the day after the coronation," I said sitting up. "Thomas, Ariel, and I have a job that we were signed to do months ago."

  "Right," Ian nodded. "Will you come back afterward?"

  "It depends on what Harrison has planned for my work schedule," I said. "But I told my dad and Benny that I would come back and visit more."

  Ian nodded closing the laptop and pulled me into his chest rubbing my back and as I drifted off to sleep.

*Ian*

  I knew Layla had her own life back in America but I wished she would stay here with me. Sighing I looked down at Layla who was sleeping with her head on my chest, pulling the blanket up I kissed her head before closing my eyes and trying to get some sleep.

  The next morning I was waiting for Layla to finish getting dressed so we could head to the dining hall for breakfast when the door to my rooms burst open and an out of breath Benjamin stumbled in yelling for Layla.

  "Benjamin?" I asked confused.

  "Benny, what's wrong?" Layla asked walking into the living room dressed in black skinny jeans, white tank top, black vest, and black low heel boots.

 "Talia knows and she having Joe and Brandon arrested," Benjamin said and Layla lost all her color before sighing. "Sissy, what are we going to do?"

  "I guess our secret has to come out," Layla said and I looked at her confused. "Are you okay with that, Benny?"

  "Yeah," Benjamin nodded. "I can go get Sarah and Frankie."

  "Go meet me at the dining hall in two minutes," Layla said pulling her phone out of her back pocket and typing on it for a second. "Go Benny."

  "Layla, what's going on?" I asked after Benjamin had run out.

  "Ian," she sighed before walking over to her backpack and pulling a little book out of it. "You used to ask who and where my mom was until I told you she had died. Well, I lied about that but there's a reason for that and I will explain more in depth later but I have to so stop Talia from getting my father and Brandon, thrown in jail for whatever charges she's come up with. But this is the last picture I had taken with my mom and Benny when I was five."

 Startled I watched Layla run out the door and I looked down at the little book before opening it and gasping when I saw the woman that was standing between two children, shaking my head I ran after Layla and got to the dining hall a few minutes later to hear yelling. 

*Layla*

 I stormed into the dining hall to see several royal guards standing around my father and Brandon, while several other people were yelling. Princess Talia was standing to the side with a smug smile and I growled under my breath walking up to her.

  "What are you doing?" I demanded catching everyone's attention.

  "Having to two arrested for kidnapping and treason," she said. "They kidnapped my sister and her two children twenty years ago."

  "Listen here lady," I said angrily. "My father had never kidnapped anyone nor has he committed treason. Brandon and my father are innocent of those charges now I suggest that you release them." 

  "No," Talia said and I muttered turning to my father and Brandon who were staring at me and they both nodded when I tilted my head.

  "Princess Talia, did you know that your sister was married?" I asked knowing that her sister's marriage was not public knowledge.

  "Excuse me," she gasped glaring down at me. "What does this fake marriage have to do with those two kidnapping her and her two bastard children?"

  "First of all don't call me and my brother that," I glared. "Secondly, my mother left because you and your husband tried to kill her, my baby brother, and me on several occasion that I can remember. Lastly, my father and Brandon came up with a plan to keep us safe so what your calling kidnapping at treason is actually a way to save the rightful heir to the crown."

  "That's a lie," Talia said and rolled my eyes turning to the door as they opened and woman walked in with Benny, Sarah, Frankie, and the guys.

  "You don't have a right to call my daughter a liar, Talia," the woman said and almost everyone in the room gasped.