0 3

|Cassie|

There were only a few teachers I could somewhat stand in this entire school and only one that I could actually say is my favorite and that would be Mrs. Palmer. Who just happened to be my English teacher which out of coincidence happens to be my top class.

While the rest of my former classmates dismissed themselves to go to lunch, every teenagers favorite time of the day for some reason, I walked up to Mrs. Palmer desk and sat down on her black spinney chair we decided to call Squeaks because when you turn just slightly.

Squeak. That happens.

Mrs. Palmer, who was cleaning off her whiteboard, turned to face me with a smile.

"If you were any other students, I would of gave you a detention." She explained before turning back to erase the parts of speech we were working on today.

"You go Mrs. Palmer!" I cheered her on making her laugh somewhat more than prior efforts I've made. "No one touches Squeaks!"

I could see that she was laughing, but of course she wouldn't let me see.

"How's that book of yours going?" She asked before taking a seat at her desk. Pulling out a list of papers she needed to have corrected in a few weeks.

"Boring. I've never met a main protagonist so stupid." I groan. "I mean you can't just expect everything is going to be all fine and back to normal after killing the Serpent King. It's like she completely forgot the prophecy from chapter two and don't get me started on that cursed necklace she, for some reason, never tried to take off and chuck it into a fire."

"Interesting." She chuckled slightly at my frustration.

"I'm planning to head down to the book store later today. Julia Markson just released her new book. I've never been so anxious!" I turned on Squeak's in a complete circle.

"Never been a Markson fan." Palmer blurted out.

I sent glares her way but I was too excited to even care.

"I'll see you later Palmer. Got to go make sure Clarke isn't freaking out over some boy." I explain.

"Tell her happy birthday from me!" She hollered after me before the crowds of hungry students took me away with them.

I quickly made my way through the crowd of hungry and sleep deprived teenagers to find Clarke and Rue on their phones. Smiles wider than anyone I knew.

"What you looking at?" I asked out of curiosity.

Rue looked up at me, "like you care."

"I don't, but I have nothing else better to do." I smirk.

Clarke sighed before finally spilling the beans. "William just posted a shirtless picture on all his media accounts!"

I think I'm going to be sick.

"You're kidding right? This is like the biggest thing ever!" I smile.

Rue sent a few glares at me before looking over at Clarke. Probably looking for permission to throw a smartass comment my way. Being a good sister that Clarke is, and it being both of our birthday, she pretended to not see it. Even though we both know she did in fact see it and most likely thought about it for at least a second.