Chapter 1

"There's always gonna be that one person in your life that you can't walk away from even if you know you have to."

~♡~

Keeping in mind how hard my heart was pounding in my chest, I wouldn't be surprised if it leapt out of the cavity any moment now. To say I was having a mild panic attack would seem as though I was exaggerating, but only I knew how terrified I felt inside.

As we slowly ascended, the imbalance in my ear was beginning to grab my attention now. I was too focussed on minding my breathing to even bother grabbing a hold of my ear plugs that were inside my purse.

I should've known better than to travel alone. Especially when I was well aware of my qualms when it came to flying in an airplane.

In a desperate attempt to keep my mind off things for a while, I closed my eyes and pondered upon the thoughts that first arrived in my mind.

Back in high school, I was always sure what I wanted to be and who I wanted to be with. But like all of my other plans, they were put to trial. I no longer wished for them now. These days, I just wished for small things to happen.

Coming home to my family and talking to them about my day, celebrating Christmas and Thanksgiving with close friends and family, Accompanying my dad for his general medical check-ups - these were the few things that I knew I wished for the most at this point in my life.

I wished my job didn't consume most of my time.

Pursing acting wasn't easy for me. I had taken drama major and studied in acting school in London. After I graduated in high school, I left LA for the best and never came back until it was most necessary.

It had been seven years since I last saw my friends together. I met them separately and mostly bumped into each other in parties. I had missed most of their weddings too, because I didn't want to see him.

It was seven years ago that I last saw the former love of my life. Ethan. The name I would never forget. He was my first love, of course. And also my only love. We had a beautiful life together. We loved each other so much, despite the rivalry between my him and my brother. I loved him so much that even now, seven years post my heartbreak, I couldn't manage to lose my heart to another man.

The day of our graduation was probably the last time I ever looked at him directly. For the past seven years, I've kept myself away from him. But seldom did that work well for me. No matter how hard I tried, I would always know about how he's doing from various sources. My friends would randomly talk about him with me and how he's coping with our break up.

Although it had been seven years since we broke up, I couldn't forgive him for doing what he did. I didn't find it within myself to have the heart to let go of everything he did and bounce back in time and be with him.

In these seven years, I grew to become an actress, the profession I had always dreamt of taking up. It was probably the only thing from my teenage years that remained concrete in my wishlist.

I didn't want to be like the actresses who would sign every movie that's offered to them - I wanted to do the films that genuinely intrigued me and made me feel like it was a story that had to be told. It was perhaps this notion of mine that worked well for me in the box office.

My friends have always made plans for me to join them on their reunions but I never showed up because Ethan would be coming there too. He loved his friends and he would not just skip on the reunions because I was going there too. Most of my friends got married, and few are with kids. Apparently, it was just me who was still single and trying to get over her last break up.