eleven

"so how was your day?"

"good."

"how is life?"

"good."

"do we have any classes together?"

"i don't know."

"can i see your schedule?"

"sure."

that was basically the conversation between mingyu and wonwoo. mingyu looked over wonwoo's schedule and turns out that they have p.e and math together. they were currently eating some lunch together before the orientation continued.

"cool! we have p.e together. wanna be partners when there's team sports?" mingyu sounded excited.

"sure." wonwoo said plainly.

mingyu felt unsatisfied about wonwoo's answer and decided to take a bargain, he had a feeling wonwoo would like books.

"so... do you like books?" mingyu asked.

wonwoo's eyes shot up, "yeah!"

mingyu smiled, "ooh, i've been reading "of mice and men" because i heard we had to read it in high school. have you read it yet?"

wonwoo looked anguished, "oh my god, that book made me emotional. of course i've read it!"

"really? i haven't finished it yet..." mingyu mumbled.

"you got to tell me about it when you finish. i'd love to see your reaction." wonwoo chuckled.

"i'm thinking of finishing it tonight, mind giving me your number? i'd love to talk to you about it." mingyu spoke up.

wonwoo immediately grabbed a scrap of paper and wrote down the digits.

"i'm on my phone 24/7." wonwoo smiled.

god this is pretty cringy and cliche, i'm so sorry.

after that, they talked about some other things like sports and rapping. they hit it off well so far.

"i like listening to kpop groups, how about you?" mingyu asked.

"hm.. i've listened to some, but i love soloists like yonghwa." wonwoo said.

"yonghwa?! he's amazing!! his voice always brings me to tears." mingyu said.

wonwoo laughed, ", he nails catchy songs amazingly as well."

"-but if i really think about it, i really like vixx. their concepts are nice." wonwoo said.

"vixx? voodoo doll was so cool, but scary!" mingyu said excitedly.

"how about b.a.p? their vocals are a blessing. yongguk's deep voice is deeper than the pacific ocean and zelo spits fire faster than seungcheol's face twisting when he sees fireworks." mingyu laughed.

"ooh, warrior  was really catchy!" wonwoo responded.

"what about girl groups?" mingyu asked.

"i like sistar." wonwoo said.

"ooh, me too! i also like exid!!" mingyu squealed in delight.

"the rapper is awesome." wonwoo complimented.

"i. know. right." mingyu fanboyed.

they talked about music and all sorts of things. mingyu even started reading more just to talk to wonwoo.

one day, mingyu was filled with grief.

1 a.m.

"hello? mingyu, it's so late. why are you calling?" wonwoo groaned.

wonwoo heard sobs through the phone.

"w-wonwoo... m-my cat just died.." mingyu cried.

"... how about we meet at that park near school?" wonwoo said softly.

"p-please.." mingyu spoke.

wonwoo met up with mingyu at the park and mingyu was wearing a mask to cover his tear-stained cheeks and red eyes.

"c'mon gyu." wonwoo took off mingyu's mask and smiled at him and they walked together to the swings.

"that cat was with me since i was five.." mingyu cried.

"you know.. pets are like angels. they'll save you from loneliness and when their time comes, their duty will be done and they have to return back to their land. pets are a gift, that cat comforted you since you were five." wonwoo pat mingyu's back.

"my parents divorced this year.. a month after their divorce, my cat was sick but i didn't really care much for it.. until two months later it died..." mingyu murmured.

"that cat still comforted you for three months, even when it was sick. plus, life is like that. living things come and go, but it's better if you think that each loss comes with a new life. since that cat died, maybe a new strong relationship will bloom. don't cry mingyu. your cat didn't accompany you this long just to watch you cry in the end." wonwoo said.

"can i have a hug?" mingyu asked shyly.

"of course." wonwoo let mingyu wrap his arms around him.

mingyu felt wonwoo's warmth and sincerity warm him up the whole night, until 6 a.m. they fell asleep on the park and woke up with a daiso bread thrown on their lap.

"lads, still go to school. you youngsters shouldn't be homeless." an old man walked by chuckling to himself as he walked with his cane.

wonwoo and mingyu looked at each other, blinking.

"free food?" mingyu laughed.

wonwoo nodded and smiled.

that was the day after mingyu fell in love with wonwoo.

i honestly couldn't come up with something for the mingyu being sad part. honestly i feel very brutal for killing off a cat.