42. BUCKY: "I hate you"

Words: 4.7K

Warnings: Language, mentions of sex

A/N: this was so fun to write (I really love this one) Requests are open as always! I'd be happy to write anything. Just let me know!

"You're stupid as shit, you know that right?"

The man that I've aimed my sharp tongue towards scoffs and refuses to turn and face me. He keeps rustling around the pile of papers on the table to find something that I've already assured him isn't there. "Oh shut the hell up," he mutters exasperatedly as if I'm the more annoying of us two (which, I'm clearly not). "I've got more intelligence in my dick than you've got in your entire body."

"Yikes—that burns: especially since your penis is smaller than mine, and I don't even have one."

"Really? Because I thought you did! I'm shocked, Y/N, honestly. I didn't know it was possible to be such a fucking dick without actually having one." He shoots a nasty glare over his shoulder and I silently fume for a moment before ultimately stomping closer.

Since Bucky's been back on the team, we've had a hard time getting along. In fact, we seem to be living for the joy of terrorizing the other. I can't really explain why, but we hate each other.

"Tell me, Bucky, what's it like to be so incompetent that you need to follow Steve around like a little lost puppy?" I make pouty lips at him in a mocking sort of way.

Having been considerably offended by my last insult, Bucky's fat face contorts with rage. He pushes a lock of long brown hair out of his face before spewing, "You're just jealous because no one can stand your vile personality and horrid manners enough to hang out with you outside of this fucking job."

I'm glad he's turned away as to not see my jaw drop. Regaining my composure, I spit out, "Well, at least I'm not so illogically conceited that I walk around the compound like I spew gold nuggets out of my ass."

"Seriously?" A third voice scolds impatiently. "Will you two just grow up?"

I point to Bucky with an arm. "He started it."

"No. No, this time it was all you." Bucky slumps against the wall and scowls in my direction. The metal arm of his crosses over the other.

Steve rolls his eyes. I wonder how long he's been standing there in the doorway to the conference room. "Guys... seriously, this is becoming exhausting." He pinches the bridge of his nose between his fingers.

"Tell me about it. She won't ever shut up." Bucky glares at me pointedly. He's totally given up looking for that missing file.

I stick my tongue out at Bucky, crossing my arms. "Maybe if you weren't such a..."

"Enough!" Steve yells—stopping me cold. I blink at him lamely. "I don't have time for this. I really don't. I'm done with playing babysitter." He storms up to us, taking my hand first and then Bucky's. "If you won't leave each other alone," he snaps a silver cuff on each of our wrists before either of us can protest. "Then by all means, kill each other or work it the hell out."

"No, no, no, no! Steve, Steve you can't do this to me," I beg. I yank on my end of the cuffs but Bucky refuses to let me move. "I'll quit the team. I swear to god I'll do it."

Steve scowls—crossing his arms and looking nothing like a person who believes me.

"Don't test me. I'll do it—I swear."

"Let her do it, Steve. Maybe then we can all live in peace." Bucky sneers proudly at his own idiotic commentary.

I glare at the stupid idiot with all the contempt I can possibly muster. "Shut it, shit licker."