Innocent - 7.1

Annabelle's POV

I woke up to the bedroom door slamming. I jumped up from under the covers like I had just been shot, shifting as quickly as I could, and went to dive under the bed. Though unfortunately for me, my plan had ceased as quickly as it had begun, as I had been wearing a pair of the pajama-like clothing that Jane had brought me the other day, and I managed to get myself trapped in the pant leg.

It is actually very rare nowadays that I am wearing something other than the white dress that appears on me when I shift, so I guess I forgot that I was wearing actual clothing for once. The trapping made me panic more than the noise did and I could feel my heart beating faster and faster as I struggled to find an opening in my kitten form. The clothing seemed to tighten around me and in my panicked state, I didn't think of just shifting – which of course would've ripped the clothing and set me free.

What felt like hours but was likely only a few seconds, I felt the clothing being ripped off me and the feeling of being lifted into the air.

"shhhh shhhh, you're okay kitten." Spoke Jace softly, sitting on the side of the bed and pulling me into his lap, petting my head softly, tenderly, as if I was made of glass. Since his was one of the only voices I feel as if I would recognize in this castle, I began to calm down immediately. Although I'm still very frightened of him, at least I know who this person grabbing me is. Plus, it was better than being trapped in a pant leg.

Soon, I felt myself being placed down on the bed and so I shifted back into my normal self, a deep crimson red blush covering most of my face. I hung my head, not wanting to look in the brilliant blue the eyes of the prince, ones that I'm sure were full of amusement at my expense.

"Well that was one hell of a greeting." I looked up at the man who spoke and was shocked to see that his eyes were filled with remorse, no sense of amusement at all.

I stared at him quizzically before pulling my legs towards my chest and resting my head on my knees. Not comfortable enough to say anything to him after that shocking and embarrassing scare. Although he is a vampire, a prince and my owner, he still is a man, and a beautiful one at that. Any girl would be embarrassed after doing something so foolish in front of him. There was no reason that a door closing, although loudly, should have scared me that badly. Though one could probably understand why I was still hesitant being here. Around vampires. Who probably thought of me as less than dirt. Or food.

"I'm sorry you're still so afraid of me."

I kept my head down.

"I hope one day you won't be. You've done nothing but be meek, gentle, and submissive since you've been here. You've done nothing to deserve any of the abuse I have laid out towards you and for that I am very sorry." He sighed.

I quirked my ears slightly towards him. I was listening, but still didn't raise my head from my knees, only pulled my knees closer to my body.

"I've been told my whole life all werewolves, and all shifters are exactly like those who I had met when I was younger. Cruel, inhuman, true evil on earth, and you have only been here for a month and I can already tell that none of those things are true. I don't know if you are the rule or the exception, but I swear I will find out the truth. To start off, I'd like to ask you a few things, maybe help me understand shifters a little more. But first I want you to get more comfortable with me. At first maybe I did want you to be afraid of me, but I swear that is not what I want anymore. I hope one day; I may be able to gain your trust."

This time I looked up. Looked in his eyes, eyes that were full of guilt and full of sadness. He gave me one less glance, got up from the side of the bed, and walked out the door.

I stared at the door Jace just walked through, not removing my gaze for even a second. What the hell just happened? What shifters did he meet when he was younger? What happened to him? What will he ask me? I'm also still wondering who "Karly" is. But, most importantly, the prince with no remorse, the prince I had heard was going to turn into his father, apologized to me, a shifter, to his pet.

----------------

Annabelle's Dress

EDITED

Sorry its so short, but the next one will be coming very quickly, and for the next one to make sense, I had to have this in there.

Hope you enjoyed it!

Comment

Like

Message me

Let me know what you think

K