34

Alessandra

I wrapped myself up in my arms as I walked across the street to the divorce attorney's office.

I stood outside for a bit and plastered on the most realistic frown possible. I needed to look sad and upset, in despair.

I gracefully walked through the glass doors and past the receptionist's desk. I stopped at my attorney's door, raising my hand to knock before I froze.

I squinted at the woman in front of him. She was blonde, obviously as fake as she could've been.

He spun around in his chair and shot me a frown. I opened his door, smiling an unwelcoming smile. "Mrs. King, I'm in the middle of an appointment."

I lifted an eyebrow.

His facial expression told me to get out. I pouted bottom lip out, tilting my head over.

The blonde was sitting as patiently as she could, a small smile remaining on her face.

"Just a few more minutes, Sandra."

"Perfect." I sat in the chair next to his and earned a smile from the piece of plastic sitting in front of me.

"Trust me, I'm sure whatever you're going through, I've been through." I shot her a tight smile, "cheating husbands and all."

Her smile turned into a frown and her eyes met Mr. Jefferson's.

He sighed, folding his hands in his lap. "Let's reschedule, Rose."

Rose, I assumed was her name, stood and grabbed her Louis Vuitton purse. She placed it on her shoulder and Mr. Jefferson stood up, escorting her out of his office.

He walked into his office, eyebrows in a confused furrow. "Did you even schedule an appointment?"

"Do you remember me scheduling an appointment?" I asked, shrugging out of my jacket.

"I don't have to see you, Sandra."

He folded his arms on the table. "So, how are you?"

"As good as I can be, you?"

He nodded.

"How's your wife?" I asked, plastering a fake smile on my face.

"She's good. How's your husband?"

Playing with fire. I like.

"Pass," I replied, shooting him a smile.

He chuckled and leaned back in his chair. He gave me a one take, folding his arms over his chest.

"What are you here for, Alessandra?" He asked.

I dropped my head, biting down on my bottom lip as a tear rolled down my cheek. "My husband..." I trailed off, wiping my cheek, "he's cheating on me."

My cries were becoming more convincing with each second. I stood up and walked to the window, leaning against it.

I heard his footsteps near. I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Sandra."