Goodbye

Still overwhelmed by the chaotic attack, Camille sits on her balcony in the company of Zelon and Cosmo. The lion lays around her to keep her warm, but deep down, nothing can comfort her. Her mind is a timing bomb with the memories of Adam's smiling face. A gentle and loving boy that worries so much about her and doesn't deserve to be forgotten. Those images are now torture, and Camille is convinced that she deserves to be painfully tortured by those memories. Falling for someone who never treated her with interest other than pity, someone beyond her reach. Someone she would lose herself trying to explain his silence. She can't stay in a world watching someone she loves, loves someone else. Understanding that there's still a chance for her to fall back in love with Adam if she goes back. She will be stronger to fight against her fears if she has him, because unlike Axl. Adam loves her. He always has and will always love her.

"My lady..." Kaiden lands beside her. After sensing the chaos in the water sanctuary, Kaiden decided to abandon his mission to come back to her side. Camille turns to him. A man with a blinding appearance of glassy skin and shiny blonde hair. Gentle and elegant but deadly when disturbed. Sensing the commotion in her heart, Kaiden sense of duty for her wellbeing becomes more potent than his reason to keep her here where Lady Eirene won't stop targeting her. Camille has always suppressed her tears because she has still held on to hope. Hope that one day she would be free and see the light. But now, she realizes that it might never happen. She will have to go back and see Steve again. Her gut twists with violent anxiety. The disgust to know that she may end up being his prey tears her apart. Trying to control herself and not vomit in front of Kaiden, Camille grips on him with shaky hands as he picks her up.

"Believe me, that is not true. His majesty would never bend down to his mother's desire." Kaiden reassures her but looking into her eyes. Her beautiful purples eyes are taken over by desperation for a sign that she will survive. For the first time, Kaiden finds himself struggling with his loyalty to the God of Water. "It is alright. I am here to help. I promised you in this very spot, you can seek my help. I will not hesitate to guide you, my lady." Kaiden encourages taking her small hands. Camille wipes her tears. He waits silently for her to let her frustration out.

Camille finally breaks down; her voice is just a dead whisper with sharp needles in her throat. Fear rumbles in her stomach just to think to see Steve again. "All my life, I've been abused by a man I thought was my father. A man that was supposed to love me. I was supposed to trust him, he was supposed to be my hero, but it turns out-" she becomes lost in the terrifying memories of Steve's attacks. His laughter was just as eerie as Beldurra's. His eyes were just as dead as the great goddess. "I'm not his daughter. He took advantage that I'm not related to him. He took advantage and destroyed me," she stumbles with the painful memories coming back to her after a while of being left behind. Realizing that her past still hurts painfully and that the only medicine she had back then, she also forgot about it. "Honestly, I thought, I couldn't stand it anymore... but the love and courage he gave me strength every day. I could find peace, even if it was just a moment. I could let my fears disappear with him by my side, but I failed him, Kaiden. I failed the only person that could help!" The tears of frustration, or guilt, and betrayal.

"In the end, I hurt Adam. I know he's hurt..." her heart squeezes excruciatingly to imagine Adam desperately looking but never finding her. "I left my mother alone. She risked her life for me. Finally, stepping up to that monster all because of me. I left my brother when he needed me the most. But now I want to see them." Camille sobs, ashamed to hear her own story, realizing how stupid she has been to give up everything for something that has been a fantasy since the beginning. "I don't deserve him," Kaiden listens to her tearful voice carefully and without judgment. He sighs, holding on to his role as a server of Axl. He says nothing when she refers to her human boyfriend. "I'm so shameless and selfish, I deserve it, I deserve to suffer. I had him, and I gave him up," she stops in shock as Kaiden suddenly decides to bury her face on his chest.

"No. To suffer like you have and still have hope for a better life. This is not how it ends, my lady." The gentle angel soothes her, wiping her tears away from her flustered face. "I dislike seeing you cry for something I cannot fix. Perhaps I cannot fix it, but I can be of use for someone that can," he admits to seeing Camille's innocence being stained by anger and regret. She smiles gently as she notices the flash of hopelessness in his golden eyes.

"When I came here for the first time, I was shocked. I had no idea that this world existed. I knew there was no way this could be real. This world and everything about it sound like a dream. A magical dream, and I have to wake up from." Camille trembles. Looking deep into Kaiden's mystical eyes. His face turns rigid serious. "I wish I could go back. I want to see Adam, I want to apologize, and if I leave, she will come back, right? That would make him happy. I want him to be happy." Desperation takes over her violet eyes, but her words take the angel by surprise. To see her worry for everyone else but her own.

"My lady-"

"Can you send me back, Kaiden? Please, just send me back." Camille pleads with quivering lips. Kaiden holds her fragile shoulders, forcing her to look deep into his bright eyes, full of regret for not being able to do as she asks.

"I apologize, my lady." Deep down, Kaiden wishes that Camille could be more selfish and demand her stay in this world. Not take the sacrificial choice to give Axl his happiness, but he also knows how much the God of Water cares about her. The fact that he's been secretly looking for a way to ensure her safety if she has to go back. Axl has visited the remote galaxies in the universe, searching for a solution that can give him to help Camille. All he can do while his master gambles for her future is hold her tight and let her free herself from frustration. Holding on to his own impotence for not protecting her from internal pain, Kaiden looks up to the sky for a sign.

"It's alright, Kaiden. I deserve it." Camille cries in his chest as he covers her in his arms. The sound of a branch breaking alerts them, remembering that there's an uninvited guest in the sanctuary. Camille gasps, frightened by the sudden jerk of another force, pulling her back. Though it's too late to react, her heart burst out of her chest to see Axl already to the point of breaking Kaiden's arm. His eyes furious and cold while holding Camille back with a possessive force.

"What are you doing here?" He demands of Kaiden. His voice hoarse with delicate fury, fighting to control himself, Axl's mind is a storm of confusion and jealousy to see Camille's closeness to the angel, to hear her say his name but never heard his own. The anger overtakes Axl's reason, but Kaiden stands his ground. Looking into his master's intense glare, Kaiden can see the trace of familiar darkness. Something that doesn't belong to Lady Eirene's side but someone closer. Camille freezes at his touch.

"Your highness, what have you done?" Kaiden whispers in disbelief. Zelon, who's been watching the confrontation from aside, finally stands between Axl and Kaiden. A deep growl builds up in his chest. Kaiden shares a glance with him and turns back to Axl.

"I did and will do whatever I have to do, Kaiden. Do not concern about me and do your part." He glances at Camille, making her heart flutter painfully. Kaiden is taken aback for a moment to analyzes his master's actions. He glances at Camille's shocked expression, her pleading eyes, but he can't do anything when he's simply a servant. Trying to breathe through her nose, Camille pulls her arm back and arms herself with strength.

"Kaiden..." Camille's tone becomes weaker, but her eyes widen more with his gentle smile.

"My apologies, my lady, I must retreat to ensure your safety." Kaiden bows down to her. Although there might be a chance he won't get to see her again, the angel believes in his master's sacrifice and resolution for the best. Zelon takes a deep breath as he walks behind Kaiden. Camille stands still as the wind blows. She can feel the sadness of an ending journey.