Wish

Angry for letting his mother get to him like she has done, for falling into her trap, and now he has no option but to honor his words and risk her sanity. The more he realizes his mistake, the rage builds up, and for the first time, Axl has begun to search for a way to get back to his mother and maybe even his father. Looking for those answers also brought him to meet with the only one that can help him decide. "My apologies for intruding, your excellency." Axl kneels down in front of a giant door. Gala and Zelon wait behind him. Showing his reverence without hesitation, Axl waits for an answer.

"Intruding is a misleading word when you are doing me a favor." The door opens to a cold room where there's nothing but pitch darkness. Axl takes a step forward without his companions. A tender voice rumbles from within, but he can't see anything. Although it is risky to meet someone he's not supposed to, Axl has been taking his chances for a while. "I will be forever grateful for what you do for me, Axl." The voice says as Axl kneels before an altar. Although he can't see the god hiding in the room, he can sense it close enough to give him part of his energy.

"Thanks to your consideration, Zelon does not have to be at risk for some time." The voice says with a tone of gratitude. Axl closes his eyes to concentrate his energy as it begins to drain from his body. "I can see the confusion in your heart. I am certainly impressed by such energy," the god comments as Axl's energy restores his own. He takes a moment to gather the information while the god waits.

"Some time ago, you asked me to create a portal in a foreign land..." Axl's voice becomes calmer as he recalls the time he met the god that now hides in the darkness of an abandoned castle away from everything.

"That was centuries ago," the god corrects with a slight hint of laughter. "Tell me about her." He requests with politeness. Axl thinks for a moment. It's been a while since he has seen Camille's captivating eyes, the vivid violet color that holds in a deep fear to the shadows calling out her name. Her smooth skin always so attractive and inviting to his touch. Camille's long beautiful hair cascades so livelily and elegant all the way down to her waist. Giving her the worthy appearance of an angel or maybe even more. The way her hands shake around her torso. She looks like she's breaking from inside out, which only adds more thwart to his lack of options to settle his mother's ill-intentioned games.

"She shines brightly inside out. She has the power to change those around her, although she does not notice it, which almost makes me wonder, is she a reincarnation?" Axl questions the voice hiding behind the door. He waits patiently for an answer. Being the son of the Great Goddess of Evil and Death, Axl has the advantage to sense the darkness she manipulates, which is why he has figured out the shadows Camille sees are a mixture of her and someone else. Someone that shares his misfortune of being caught in the between two great forces.

"I do understand your confusion better than anyone. There is no one like you in this universe, Axl. To be an extraordinary being that can see beyond brings your mother's obsession and your father's actions. You may as well realize that there is a force greater than what they have." the god explains patiently.

"Which force is that?" Axl questions, a little annoyed at his parents.

"Love." The voice simply answers, which takes the God of Water by surprise. "Love has brought together the opposite sides of a balance. It has given life, and because of love, even I have made a great sacrifice." Axl is taken aback by the sudden explanation.

"I do not believe in such a thing," Axl whispers to himself.

"Well, you should because you are standing here. It does not matter how much hatred resides in Eirene's evil soul or how much goodness in Arima's at one point. They were brought together and created you. Someone they want on their side no matter what." The god explains with difficulty.

"It does not make any sense. All they want from me is my power. My mother keeps taunting me while my father sits back and watches." Axl snarls to remember the many occasions he has suffered, and his father has done nothing to save him.

"Indeed, love is a difficult thing to comprehend, but once you realize that sentiment, it becomes the strength you need. It does not matter the hardship you will face. The sacrifices you make, the choices will become more difficult to assimilate, but once you see that light, all your confusion goes away, and you push your capacity to reach out." Axl thinks for a moment.

"She is a light that guides me through my darkness. Unfortunately, I frighten her..." the guilt in his voice takes Axl by surprise.

"Perhaps if you use your light." Axl wonders.

"Although I do not regret it, it was a difficult choice to make. I am glad I gifted my light away." He says softly. "My apologies, Axl. My selfishness has become a burden to you since without my light. You are the one keeping the balance between the great gods." Although the god can't feel the same way, Axl has proven himself to be a better version of his parents. He is someone he can trust to make the right choice once he realizes the right path for him and for Camille. She wasn't supposed to live this kind of life but showed up here for a reason, and it's not to be with him. She has to find her path and her mission. "To protect her, you need to see what she's capable of, alone. She is not a reincarnation, but if you look at her in the eyes, you will see the truth." The Great God of Darkness and Light finally gains enough energy to manifest himself in front of him, making Axl take a sudden step back in shock.

"It scares me..." Camille's voice makes a numb sound that pulls him back to reality. Axl's eyes narrow at her comment. Gazing into her violet eyes, he becomes more aware of his conversation with the great god, making him furious.

Camille takes a sudden step back as he resembles his mother more. Powerful, tall, and elegant, nonchalant to everyone's feelings. Frivolous, just like her. Noticing the rage waking up in his royal blue eyes. Camille flinches away like a scared cat, surprised as he reaches a hand out to touch hers. His eyes turn sharp like daggers, his perfectly shaped brows twitch with fury. With the light of the moon touching his flawless skin, glorious and unreachable, Camille gulps.

"You probably know, but I will tell you anyway." Camille sucks in her fears and decides to face the man that has broken her heart. "She scares me, the way she mocks my pain. But you scare me more," she whispers, trying to fight the knot, blocking her voice. The reactions and words of someone he never thought could harm him are turning into sharp swords piercing his soul for someone so prideful and powerful with no boundaries to get what he wants. He, a god, is now being pushed away from someone he wants to save.

"I will not forgive you this time." Axl hisses under his breath, fighting to keep his storming rage inside and wait to unleash it to the one pushing him to experience such rejection. His mother. Axl fights to control his eyes to stay calm and keep Camille from any harm.

"We will settle this," he says without waiting for her reaction. Axl grips on her wrist as he makes his way through the destroyed gardens. The light of the friendly moon and the eyes of the owls as his witness. The God of Water is ready to take the risk of doing what his mother wants.