Darkness

Tired and confused Camille walks through the dark roads of Primavera Town. A clear image of Adam's pained face stings her with guilt. Frustrated she lets the rain drench her lifeless body. Letting the water wash away the regretful tears, feeling like an ungrateful bitch for hurting someone she's supposed to love unconditionally.

"God! I'm such a monster!" she shouts with all her might, thanks to the rain not much of her tantrum can be heard. Angry and full of hatred, Camille questions herself when and how did she stop caring for Adam? He meant everything to her once, where did that love go? She holds in the need to scream her lungs out.

As a lightning bolt zaps in the distance, freezing instantly, Camille flinches at the sound of an angry thunder. Her feet glue up to the ground, the panic doesn't let her move an inch. Her heart stops beating for a quick second as her eyes widen with apprehension to realize, she's not so alone.

Under the cold rain, Camille turns back and walks as fast as she can to get to the street light. But, suddenly she recognizes that life works in funny ways, that her karma is catching up to her. For hurting Adam, now she'll be hurt. As soon as another lightning illuminates the dark sky, she can see the pain coming directly to her.

Chills run down her spine, alerting her senses, her heart clenches with worry and urge to get away. Quickly scanning the empty roads, Camille knows she has no escape. No hope. Not when she surrounded by nothing but darkness. Swallowing the lump hurting her throat, she crosses her shaky arms over her chest as protection. Shutting her eyes, she prays to God to keep her safe as the malicious man approaches her with urgency.

"Look who we have here." the sound of his drunk voice sneering terrifying memories, Steve. He bursts out laughing looking at Camille's reaction. Her eyes widen with horror, her lips have turned purple and her skin pale.

"What's wrong Camille, it's like you've seen a ghost." he mocks her reaction.

"Da- Steve..." she struggles, wishing to be wrong.

Remembering the last time, she thought of him as her dad. In part, this man is responsible for Camille's memory loss after that night. She ran to her freedom but disappeared, now that time she was gone it's a mystery everyone.

Still holding a grudge against the girl he has mistreated since she was a child. His threatening eyes show no remorse for forcing himself onto her, that evil smirk that awakens Camille's fears. She takes a slight step back, waiting for the right opportunity to make a run for it. Steve notices her hesitation, which he enjoys to see.

"You're not thinking of running away are you?" he shakes his head, Camille's stomach sinks in as Steve pulls a gun out of his pocket.

"Camille, Camille..." he motions her to walk towards him, with a gun pointing right at her face, Camille stumbles but makes it close enough for him to her hair, completely frozen as he tugs it back, forcing her to touch his body.

Unable to make a sound, her heart throbbing painfully, Camille shuts her eyes to pray. Steve grins at her frightened expression, the perfect reward for his evil heart. Pulling her closer, watching her freeze as his breath creeps on her neck.

"Why are you so scared, Camille? We used to have such a great time together," he whispers with a disturbing tone of pleasure. Her guts revolt with disgust at the outrageous memories, holding in her voice she keeps breathing through her nose.

"Please... let me go..." Camille pleads with a trembling voice, her body already anticipating the pain of his anger, which makes him chuckle with satisfaction as he traces her face with the gun.

"They thought I killed you... but how can I kill you when you're my favorite hobby?" the monster confesses making Camille's gut turn up with horror and disgust to feel his claws crawling up her thigh.