💔 "What I've done." 💔

Hermione's POV

I woke up panting breathlessly after having the same nightmare again. I already had to watch my parents get killed in reality and now I have to watch it over and over again? 

I sat up from my laid position on my bed careful not to wake Malfoy who's face was hidden under his pillow that he had brought into my room last night after we had gotten back from our..encounter in the halls, I didn't want to sleep alone, after all, he is going through the same thing I am, though I sometimes wonder what haunts his nightmares at night. 

I rested my head in both my hands stressfully, digging my fingers in my hair frantically. I felt a hand run up my cold, bare right shoulder as his warm chin rested on my left shoulder. 

"It's okay." Malfoy whispered softly as if he had just read my mind. I shook my head hopelessly trying to fight the threatening tears.

"No it isn't." I sobbed.

"Granger. You're okay." He whispered again, his breath marking my skin as he did. I turned around to face him, everything seemed so surreal, I was going to marry a Malfoy, a Malfoy was in my bed, a Malfoy was comforting me, a Malfoy was..loving me?

I looked into his grey eyes which calmed me down slightly as he stroked my shoulder.

"You will always be okay." Malfoy whispered as he pressed his forehead against mine causing our noses to touch slightly.

"How do you know that?" I asked quietly as I closed my eyes.

"Because I won't ever let anything happen to you."  Malfoy said as he pulled away and made me look into his eyes.

"You can't assure that." I whispered.

"Do you trust me?" Malfoy asked holding both my hands in his. I thought about this for a while, do I trust him? Can I trust him? His eyes stared into mine as if he were looking right into my soul. I smiled at him a little.

"Yes." I stated. Malfoy smiled and moved a strand of hair out of my face.

"Granger?" Malfoy asked with a smile on his face, I knew what he was going to say, oh Merlin I hoped I was wrong.

"Yes?" I smiled.

"I love you." Malfoy said as he leaned in to kiss me. I really did not want him to say that. Malfoy must have noticed something was wrong because he pulled away from the Kiss and looked at me in concern. I looked at him with no expression hoping that he couldn't see right through me.

"You don't love me." Malfoy stated, his voice gruff as he choked out the words, and my heart broke because I didn't know what I loved anymore. 

"I-I-don't know." I said not caring about the tears that streamed down my cheeks.

"I see how it is." Malfoy stated flatly as all emotion drained from his face.

"Malfoy?"

"Malfoy, you promised me." I croaked.

"I'm not the one breaking your heart Granger." Malfoy stated quietly still staring at the door.

"Malfoy!" I sobbed as he made his way to the door. But he didn't turn around, he didn't reply he didn't even say goodbye, he just left. I let the tears on my cheeks continue to fall as I collapsed on my bed. Dear Merlin what have I gotten myself in to? 

————

I stared at the scarlet coloured ceiling for a while wondering why everything had to be the Color of the house I belonged to, it just made everything boring. People seem to assume that my preferred Color would be red but they'd be surprised to find out that it's actually green but not the Slytherin kind of green, no that was too dark for my liking. The green I was quite fond of was the Color of  the trees, and the grass, and pretty much just the Color of nature itself, green was beautiful.

I got up from my bed and made my way to the bathroom. I had heared Malfoy leave a while ago so I was sure I wouldn't encounter him. I sighed into my reflection.

"Oh Merlin, what have I done?"

__________

Draco's POV 

You promised me Malfoy..

Don't break my heart..

I'm not a game!...

Kiss me Malfoy...

I groaned frustratedly as I cast various spells which caused harm to the trees that I were aiming at. Her voice played over and over in my head making me feel like I'd gone absolutely insane. Why am I so pissed off? I can't force her to love me! I promised myself that I would stay away from her and now look what has happened. 

"Expulso!" I yelled yet another spell which completely blew the tree into a thousand crisp asked which slowly dissipated into nothingness. I'd probably get into trouble with Mcgonogal for damaging part of school grounds but at this point in time I really couldn't care any less. Why does Granger bother me so much? I can't I get her out of my bloody head? 

"Bloody hell, Draco!" Blaise yelled from behind me. I turned around and glared at him. I had forgotten about the things he attempted to do, past is past, but despite all of that, I really didn't want to see Blaise right now, I didn't want to see anybody, I needed to be alone.

"What are you doing here, Blaise?"I spat knowing fine well that I wouldn't get a straight answer from him, after all, he is a Slytherin, same as I am.

"I could ask you the same thing." Blasie stated smoothly, arching an eyebrow in the process. 

"I'm really not in the mood Blaise." I growled.

"I have to tell you something." Blaise said, his smug expression slowly morphing into a worried one.

 "well then tell me late I'm really not in the fucking mood-

"It's about Granger- 

My head snapped around faster than the golden snitch as the words left his mouth.

"What about her?" I snarled.

"She's..

(1089 words)

Hey guys, I'm so unbelievably sorry for the late update, I've had so many hospital appointments and classes and just family stuff in general, I'm finding it incredibly hard to find any time at all at the minute. I'm also very sorry for the lack of detail and imagination in this chapter and the last few chapters, I really need to bring this book to an ending soon, I have another Dramione fanfic that I need to dedicate my time to. Anyway thanks for reading guys. Also, what do you think to the new cover? 🖤

~Leah