t w e n t y t h r e e

tonight was the second to last night before all of this little friendship group will go on back to their own homes and not see each other as often. jin thought it'd be a good idea if they did a 'confession night'. it was basically a whole night where you were allowed to say whatever you wanted and no one could say anything bad, not like any of them would say anything rude to upset one another. namjoon parked up at a beach. everyone took hold of their shoes and socks before touching the soft sun kissed sand with the pads of their feet.

"who's going first?" hobi called out. he placed his leather jacket over his shoulders instead of wearing it because it was surprisingly warm out tonight. anjie thought it was going to be so cold that they'd blankets with them but she was wrong.

"i'll go first" namjoon said as he carried the heavy box of beer he had bought earlier and placed it in the middle of everyone. the only two people who weren't legally allowed to drink were jungkook and lee but it's not like they hadn't drunk alcohol before. namjoon ripped opened the cardboard box with his bare hands.

"yah hyung that was sexy!" taehyung smirked before everyone laughed at his comment. after namjoon handed out the drinks to everyone, he took his rightful seat next to anjie and wrapped his protective arm around her. they were both so in love with each other everyone could imagine a future where the two were together.

"my confession is...i actually stole all this beer instead of paying for it" namjoon cringed at his own words. a bundle of 'really namjoon?' and words of how he needed to change fell out of people's mouth.

"what? it's confession night and we're running low on money, i gotta provide for you guys, you're my family" namjoon took a sip of the liquid courage and let a sigh of relief fall from his lips. anjie leaned her head against his shoulder.

"hyung, i had extra cash on me!" jimin hit namjoon in the arm lightly before going back to his seat next to jin. taehyung and hoseok laughed at the fact jimin hit his hyung but before they knew it a chuckle came from namjoon too.

"you all know i'd never take money from any of you, that's my number one rule"

"some rules are meant to be broken" jin spoke up with his eyes fixated on the calming ocean in front of them. the sea salt smelt so nice and refreshing. it kept the feeling of being at a beach in reality instead of a fantasy because how could this moment be more perfect? a group of friends who love each other more than they could know. they all sat there quietly. drinking at the cheap beer in complete silence, the crashing of the waves was their music and the moonlight that casted beautiful dark shadows upon their faces was they're light. if only you were able to freeze this moment in time.

"i got a confession for all you dumb bitches!" tae jumped onto his feet, obviously a little tipsy. he always was a light weight.

"i got into university!" he said softly like he was afraid he was going to break the words but you can't break words, the boy achieved his dreams.

"holy shit tae!" rey congratulated her friend with a comforting hug. she was honestly so happy for him because of how much effort he'd been trying because he was behind in school but tae's an intelligent person. rey went and sat back down next to yoongi. a red hue became present on his cheeks and he looked so adorable she just wanted to poke his cheeks but she refrained from doing so.

"i've got a confession too" yoongi piped up. everyone was shocked at the fact yoongi actually wanted to share something with the eight of them. never once has he participated in confessions night. "for once in my life, i can openly say, i'm happy and healthy. i've got great friends that i love and i've got the love of my life with me." yoongi laced his hands with lee's and smiled down at her. she smiled back at him, leaning in so their foreheads could touch, once yoongi was close enough he pecked her lips sweetly. he turned away in embarrassment at the fact he had kissed lee in front of his best friends.

"here's to our fucking youth"

everyone rose their cans up with yoongi before taking a sip. a whisp of hot air hit the shell of yoongi's ear causing him to flinch.

"so are we an official thing or?" he recognised the voice as lee's voice. a smile crept onto his face at the thought of the two going out. they never physically decided that they were going out. everyone assumed they were and they went along with it.

"i like the sound of calling you mine"