Chapter 16 - Plasma Plains

With a spring in Izo's step, the tall hooded figure strides into the guild headquarters as soon as it opens. The Izo strides into the teleportation ring facility as sleepy mages calibrate the ring for the day. Without a word, Izo takes out her identification card and hands it over to a mage technician. "Plasma Plains and place it on my tab," the Izo murmured.

The sleepy mage technician scans the identification without paying attention. However, he does carefully type in the destination into the system before returning the card. With a yawn, he shouts for the teleportation circle to be cleared. The mage technicians become awake and alert as the teleportation ring begins to glow. In seconds the teleportation flashes and the hooded figure of Izo is gone.

*

Izo yawns and stretches as she appears in a red grassland. For a moment, she stretches her senses to ensure no one is nearby. Satisfied, she chants an invisibility and flying spell, "Vwla 't Isible." Izo vanishes from the scene to appear floating high up in the air. It wasn't flying but more like bounding across an invisible floor except she was channeling mana to propel herself across the floor.

With interest, Izo spots a flying monster bird in the air. The bird is rather big and has quite the vivid coloring. Izo quickly applies appraisal to the monster bird.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adult Thunder Bird (Rare)

Avian capable of controlling the weather and using sonic boom (thunder) to stun its enemies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taking a slight detour, Izo tackles the bird onto the invisible floor she is walking on. She wraps her arms around the bird and chokes it until it becomes limp. Satisfied, she carefully ties the bird up with a spell. Reaching into her inventory, she pulls something that looks like a red and white colored ball with a press-able button in the middle.

(One of the convenient modern-day inventions of monster taming. Monster Compass, the portable monster carrier. Upon defeating a monster, rather than carrying it home, capture it in a portable ball. Warning: single one-time use. Holds only ONE pet at a time. NOT TO BE USED ON HUMANS.)

Feeling embarrassed Izo grumbles, "Monster Compass, go." The ball opens and swallows the bird. Izo feels a flush of heat on her cheeks and curses the creator. Though convenient, it was so embarrassing to say the activation code for the Monster Compass. Seeing an opportunity to make money, Izo swiftly applies appraisal to the whole area. A bunch of screens pop up revealing monsters. She swiftly closes all of them as they are only common monsters except for one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Young) Spectral Wolf (Uncommon)

Wolf capable of turning invisible and masking its own sound and scent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Such a beast would be useful as a guard dog. Izo did need a guard dog for the Auction House and who better than an invisible guard dog. With that in mind, Izo darts towards the ground. The poor wolf didn't even know what hit him as an unseen enemy struck him from above. With a whimper, the poor wolf fell into Izo's clutches and was easily imprisoned inside a Monster Compass.