Chapter 16.2 - Brawl

Izo takes a deep breath and unhappily says, a series of words that enter into her mind, "Cthulhu is displeased with your insolence towards his Apostle. You have been found guilty and are to be executed. Do you have any last words?"

The creature grins revealing sharp, yellow, blood-stained teeth. "I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't run away. I do so love a chase, the thrill of the scent of fear and warm blood spilling onto the ground. But no matter, this will be fun as well," Grendel gladly said.

"Well, I do so love to disappoint people. It's like a drug," Izo drily said as she curses the reason for her being here. Of course, an A class monster would appear, it was the bloody pink jelly's fault! Suddenly, Izo feels uneasy and hastily apologizes, "But I'm sure it was done with the best of intentions."

A low chuckle emerges from Grendel's chest echoing throughout the room. Grendel opens his yellow eyes and shakes his blood coated, long rugged hair. "A female, how interesting. Perhaps, I'll play with you a bit before I eat you. I am looking forward to hearing you scream," Grendel said as he rose to his feet.

Izo swiftly chants out loud, "Activate Self-Substance." The only skill that would of any use in this situation that would allow her to ignore any pain or injuries received including the need to breathe. Izo twirls her scythe in her hands for her a moment, before bringing it to a stop in a defensive position. Izo barely sees Grendel move and land right before her. Izo raises her scythe to block the attack as her muscles shake at the force of impact. The force causes her to slide back away from him as Izo digs her feet into the ground creating deep furrows in the earth.

Grendel is already on the move as Izo slides to a stop. Izo uses "Quick Flicker," a skill that can instantly cut through anything up to a certain level, (except for living flesh). Blocks of the earth are perfectly cut as Izo slams the end of her scythe against them and slams them forward like hockey pucks. The earth blocks perfectly slam into Grendel's face and body causing him to halt and raise his hands to protect his face.

Izo uses this opportunity to dart forward and brings her scythe with full force at his hand. Grendel lets out a roar as a cut appears on his hand, but not deep enough to slick his fingers off. Furious, Grendel kicks at her, barely allowing Izo to block the full brunt with her scythe as the blow sends her crashing into the wall. With a loud grunt, Izo smashed into the wall leaving a person shaped crater.

In a huff, Izo leaps forward and slides to the side as the rock wall is pulverized by the giant club. Izo doesn't have time to chant a healing spell via single chant as she dodges the next body blow. A strange lurching inside of Izo warns her that her that organ modification is currently motion. For a moment, she gets the feeling that she just swallowed down her beating heart.

A body slam breaks Izo thoughts as Grendel sends a spray of blows aimed at her vital spots, moving impossibly fast for a creature of his size. One would think that a club is slow, but on the contrary, a club in the right hand's is faster and deadlier than any blade. Another blow causes Izo's to fly and crash into the skull throne. Wiping the blood from her face, Izo leaps off the throne and dodges to the side. If she doesn't counter-attack, at this rate, she's going to lose.

Steadying herself back on her feet, Izo ducks under his next swing and brings the end of her scythe onto his foot, before pivoting upward and ramming the scythe blade under his chin. The blade cuts into his neck, not deep enough to kill, but enough to impede breathing as Izo grunts at the unexpected weight and throws him forward. Grendel smashes headfirst into the wall allowing Izo some breathing room to think.

Grendel climbs to his feet as he wipes the blood off his face. "It's been a long time since I've been wounded by a human. I'll make sure to treasure your bones," Grendel said with an evil yellow-toothed smile. The human woman doesn't react causing him to grin even more. It would be good to have a challenge. And maybe, this woman would even be worthy of bearing him a son.