Chapter 17.4 - Country Club

Aspen Country Club was an elite, exclusive club that was members invite only. The employees of the country club had seen every sight possible from fancy cars to jets or teleportation circles, but this was the first time they had ever seen a yellow taxi pulling up to the entrance.

"Please wait for me, I shan't be long," a figure said from the open taxi door. Tall and thin, an all too slender woman emerges from the depths. The guards at the entrance instantly stiffen and reach for their weapons. That woman had the sort of face that awakened all of their fight or flight instincts.

The concierge at the entrance gazes arrogantly down his nose at the woman. He has seen all sorts of types, drunks, drug dealers, monsters and the likes, a cold faced woman held no fear for him. "Welcome to Aspen Country Club, can I help you with anything. If you are lost and looking for the Marina Spa, that is the next hill over," the concierge arrogantly said, barely keeping a sneer from appearing on his face.

"I was invited for dinner," the woman solemnly said.

The concierge snorted and said, "Aspen Country Club, does no such thing. I'm afraid I'll have you leave the premises immediately or I will have you forcibly removed." The guards a bit too eagerly take a threating step forward.

The woman's lips twitch into a thin frigid smile. The concierge's pulse sky rockets as the guards slowly ease their weapons out of their holsters. "Please check again. I can assure you, I am on the list," the woman coolly declared.

"As I was saying, Ma'am, there is no such list!" The concierge firmly exclaimed. The guards take that as a signal to remove the woman off and from the private property. Before they can do so, Concierge Romano, the head of concierges hastily emerges from within.

"Miss Reed, my most sincere apologies, the staff was not informed of your eminent visit. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you to make amends," the suave Concierge Romano firmly said, while the guards hastily removed their hands off their weapons. In turn, the front entrance concierge paled at having insulted an important guest.

"The cab driver has been told to wait," Miss Reed stated, rather than asked.

"That will not be a problem, Miss Reed. Now please come this way, the signore's are expecting you," Concierge Romano politely said as he paused only to give pointed glances that promised a frim reckoning later. The three men's faces turn ghastly as Concierge Romano leads the way inside. If the owner of the country club was informed, not only would be they be fired, but no other establishment would hire them for causing such an incident.

The entrance of the Country Club is lavish from the carpets to ceiling with an exquisitely painted mural by a famous artist. The staff is impeccably dressed and appearance wise, pleasing to the eye as well. Concierge Romano nods to several important looking men, who nod back and gaze with curious eyes at the woman being led inside.

There were only two female club members and any other women were free hospitality on behalf of the country club. Paying no further mind to the situation, the men return to their conversations easily forgetting the incident. With interest, they move on to discuss the current politics and socialites vying for power.

The dining table is situated on the tallest point of the hill, overlooking the golfing acres, but most importantly giving a beautiful view of the sunset in the distance. The glowing array of pinks, orange, red, and purples could instantly take anyone's breath away. The dining room that was usually full had been especially been reserved for the members of the informal auction house association.

The five owners of auction houses in Emerald City are all seated. Three of them are human males and the other two are non-humans. One is a male elf and the other is a female nymph, the only female member of the group. The five seated members glance up to see Concierge Romano leading a tall, too slender female. But what causes them all to pause are those eyes that are filled with murder and bloodlust.