04. Reaching Out.

Quenton Cole

Quenton Cole

Rolling over, I groaned loudly as I stuffed my face into the pillow. My head was banging and I could barely open my eyes. "Shit." I muttered as I slowly pushed myself to sit up in the bed. I spent a few moments holding my head, trying to stop the spinning. Last night was a slight blur, the only thing I remember was getting into it with Rai'. When we were on our way to the club last night, I asked her about some dude named Jah. I've never heard of him before so I was curious about who he was...to her. We usually tell each other everything so why act secretive now?

Anyways, I was pissed at her for dodging my questions so I copped an attitude. The car ride was silent and we said nothing else to each other the whole night. That was until I saw her dancing on some nigga. Rai' was a dancer, she loved to dance. I knew exactly what he was thinking the whole time they shared that dance too. I was just looking out for her like I always do. But she took it as me being jealous and overreacting.

Okay, so what if I was? She knows that already but that still didn't stop her.

Honestly, I knew she was doing that to be petty. One thing about Rai' is if you acted funny, she was gonna make sure she was hilarious. She had this thing where she always had to get last laugh.

"Oh good! You're up!" My mom chirped as I came into the kitchen. I slid in the chair and rested my head on the table with my eyes closed. She was in the kitchen making breakfast. I didn't even know I was back at my parents place, I wasn't sure of how I got here either.

"I bet your head is banging. Here," She giggled a little as she bought a glass of water and two Advils over to me. "It is. How did I get here?" I asked. I instantly popped the two pills and chugged the water down in hopes of getting the pain to stop immediately.

"Saire' dropped you off. And she told me how you showed off last night Q. Babygirl is NOT yours so stop acting like it." I rolled my eyes at her comment. Everybody says the same thing when it comes to Rai', including her. Truth is, we're both to blame because we're not upfront with each other. Everybody wants to point the finger at me when I'm not the only one who's unsure about what I want. "You don't even know the whole story. Rai' was acting out just to piss me off, that's why I made a scene." I said as a matter of factly.

See what I mean? Everybody takes her side.

"I don't have to know the whole story to know that you blew it out of proportion. She can date, you do." She shrugged with a nonchalant tone. I shook my head and finished my water before getting up. "I'm not hungry." I mumbled and tried to leave out but she grabbed my arm. "Eat breakfast first then you can leave. I'm not telling you this to make you upset, I'm only stating the truth." She motioned for me to sit back down. I huffed and did so, letting out a deep sigh afterwards.