If Only

{Angst}

         If only she knew how beautiful she was in his eyes, from her galactic like eyes, her rosy plump lips, and her battle scarred skin. She was a gorgeous, strong warrior who had the kindest of hearts, the most amazing woman he'd ever met. Her optimism and hopes would be present through the worst, when the team felt weak or discouraged. He loved her, if only she knew.

        If only he knew how much she had grown an interest in him, his mysterious personality reeled her in. Little did he know that she had fallen for him after knowing him since they'd ended up in the castle of lions. One look into those intoxicating piercing eyes and she had plummeted. She loved him, if only he knew.

       A deep crimson decorated her armor and her hands, her legs were weak and her throat was raw from the sobs that raked her body. Her back and arms were strained from the extra weight she cradled close. A pang of discombobulation nearly drowned out the voices that were screaming into her helmet. Her adrenaline was draining, along with her hope and strength.

         She took cover from the droids that ceaselessly fired their weapons, she crouched down and bent over despite the screaming pain from her back. She took her helmet and looked down at him, his stormy violet hues were half lidded, begging for rest. Blood was dripping from the corner of his mouth, his shakey hand moved a strand of her hair out of her face, his palm rested on her cheek. Despite the rapid blood loss and unimaginable pain, he managed to muster a weak smile.

        Her hot tears rolled down and fell onto his armor, mixing in with the crimson, his blood. Why him? Why couldn't it be her? Why did he have to take that shot for her? He was willing to take his life for hers, and she felt guilty, unworthy of his sacrifice. She bent down and hugged him, sobbing loudly, desperate wishes for him to be okay escaped past her lips. A tear rolled down his cheek before he whispered into her ear.

      "I love you __________... I've always had, I'm sorry I should've told you sooner..."

      She pulled away and looked at him with wide eyes, her tear stained face showed many mixed expressions at once.

      "K-Keith I love you too... D-don't worry, the others should get here soon, j-just hang in there..."

       Her voice was still medolic despite the slight rasp from her cries and pleas of help earlier. He thought she was the most beautiful creature he'd ever seen even in the state that she was in right now. He felt his eyes droop and his body grew cold, he felt weaker, tired even. His body practically screamed of exhaustion. Keith let his hand fall to _________'s arm and squeezed it softly due to his limited strength. She looked down at him with wide, teary eyes. Keith used the last of his strength to lean up and press his lips against hers, they shared a passionate kiss for a brief moment before he began to fall back slowly, their lips never breaking contact.

         She felt his lips loose their warmth, she pulled away and saw him rest peacefully. She gripped onto his shoulders, shaking him slightly, calling out his name to wake him up. His eyes stayed shut, she cried harder than she ever had in her years of being alive. She hugged him close as a blood curdling scream ripped her throat apart, his blood stained her hands and armor.

                  If only they knew...

     They wouldn't have experienced

                   pain so extreme...

    If they never would've fallen in love.